Aceable is a mobile education platform designed to create affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, our team is obsessed with helping people reach their life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching our first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and most recently entered into healthcare education. Aceable serves hundreds of thousands of students per month, but we need your help to tackle our vision of serving millions of students per month!
Aceable has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE QA TEAM
Our QA Team is a hardworking, data-driven, results-oriented team. We are not scared of problems, rather we embrace those challenges with open arms. We have passion for the work we do, and constantly push each other to make our apps better.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We’re looking for a Software Quality Analyst to help us make education empowering, fun, and accessible. As our Software Quality Analyst, you will manually test our product to ensure we exceed our students’ expectations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and execute test plans for new product releases
- Own the QA Scrum process
- Track and report bugs
- Document all processes and procedures
- Partner with stakeholders and Product Managers to better understand feature requirements
- Create QA process and standards, from development to live
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2+ years of experience as a QA Analyst
- Ability to test for consistent UI, technical features, and user experience
- Experience in agile (scrum) development processes
- Precise attention to detail
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Technically savvy and accustomed to working on a wide range of devices
- A sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments
- Basic database query knowledge
- Experience with cloud-based emulators
- Basic knowledge around API and developers tools
- Able to identify a data issue from a client bug
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2021
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- LinkedIn Learning
- Wellness Program
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events and activities (holiday events, happy hours, volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/full-time employee)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19, and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status. Even if you don't think you meet every qualification listed, we'd love to review your application!