Senior Web Analytics Programmer at Chewy (Minneapolis, MN)
Chewy is growing! We’re looking for a Senior Web Analytics Programmer to join our information technology team in Boston or Florida or Minneapolis, developing Chewy.com. Chewy is THE go-to online shopping destination for all things pet and we are continuously striving to delight pet parents with a seamless experience across the board.
- Are you a passionate and energetic Software Engineer?
- Are you excited about developing solutions focused on providing a delightful customer experience?
- Are you able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our continuous business growth?
- Are you a quality-focused engineer?
If your answer is yes, read on...
Our strong storefront analytics engineering team @Chewy is focused on building solutions that guide pet lovers in making their best, most informed decisions to purchase products that their pets love, every single day. As an engineer in the analytics team, you will work with a talented group of software and data engineers, product managers and business leaders in an Agile environment to develop and improve our customer’s experience on the website. Our team’s mission is to capture and enable access to web analytics, clickstream and experimentation data, thus empowering stakeholders to make data-driven decisions and provide a world-class e-commerce experience for Pet Parents. We have many new improvements and enhancements being planned, but we need talented engineers to help make it happen. If you think that might be you, please apply!
What You’ll Do:
- Design, and build features and capabilities to power our chewy.com analytics and experimentation
- Work with and advise both business and technology teams (internal and external) on how best to implement desired features and enhancements
- Actively participate in tech discussions with analytics and stakeholder engineering teams and help make the most optimal design and code
- Develop in-depth knowledge of several Chewy business processes and systems environment
- Embed with customer product and engineering teams for integration testing and implementation support
- Setup operational tools such as alerts, monitors, logging and health checks
- Hands-on development work spending a significant percentage of time writing code, performing code reviews, or troubleshooting
- Provide mentorship and guidance for peers, establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Participate in on-call rotation for level 3 support escalations
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of full software development lifecycle experience in web development
- Strong experience in front-end development, particularly in single-page application development, using React or Angular, or Vue
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong understanding of responsive web design, performance optimization techniques, compatibility issues due to different devices and browsers
- Good understanding of web security standards, customer privacy, and compliance requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with CICD tools and application-build process using tools such as Jenkins
- Travel expectation 5%
- Exposure to TypeScript
- AWS lambda, backend service development experience, IaaC
- A good understanding of the e-commerce domain and e-commerce analytics
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Experience with site experimentation and tools like Optimizely, Evidently
- Data management experience
- Agile-based execution model
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].