Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Upwork Analytics team harnesses data from our platform as well as data collected from 3rd party systems to empower the company with insights about the business. The Analytics Operations team is a new, growing team within Analytics! We manage and optimize our data ecosystem, along with the data tools and processes used at Upwork.
Are you a web analytics professional? We are looking for an independent, self-motivated teammate who will own our web analytics tools and drive deep investigations into our site traffic and behavioral data. You will have the opportunity to unlock unique and valuable insights that lead to immediate and impactful changes to both marketing and product strategy! You will lead strategic projects to understand our user behavior, improve our usage of web analytics, and enhance our systems and processes.
The output of your work will be instrumental in redefining how millions of people around the world work. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with presenting findings to the executives and CEO as-needed and have the courage to defend their conclusions or objectively admit their mistakes.Your Responsibilities:
- Act as the owner and go-to person for our web analytics data, systems, and performance.
- Partner with the Marketing and Leadership in asking difficult questions about the inner workings of our double-sided marketplace -- specifically as they relate to web analytics -- then leading the effort to answer those questions.
- Develop new metrics and analytical concepts that define performance and success specific to our website traffic and user behavior
- Manage tools including Google Analytics (GA), Google Tag Manager (GTM), Tealium, Heap, and BigQuery to improve enablement and optimize for cost and site speed.
- Produce dashboards and lead meetings on the performance and optimization of paid marketing, landing pages, and content launches.
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to build and execute our acquisition, engagement, and retention strategies.
- Proven web analytics experience in support of marketing initiatives
- You have depth and expertise in Google Analytics and GTM implementation projects for a large website
- Experience partnering with data engineers to establish reliable data pipelines and front-end developers to manage data layer objects
- Ability to apply critical thinking and an eagerness to dive into the data, producing immediate value while still keeping an eye on long-term strategy and scalability.
- SQL knowledge and a strong affinity for troubleshooting data pipelines
- Proficiency in data visualization techniques with Looker, Domo, Tableau or similar toolset
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.