Senior Strategy and Operations Analyst at PTC (Portland, ME)
Our world is transforming, and PTC is leading the way.Our software brings the physical and digital worlds together, enabling companies to improve operations, create better products, and empower people in all aspects of their business.
Our people make all the difference in our success. Today, we are a global team of nearly 7,000 and our main objective is to create opportunities for our team members to explore, learn, and grow - all while seeing their ideas come to life and celebrating the differences that make us who we are and the work we do possible.
About PTC (NASDAQ: PTC)
PTC enables global manufacturers to realize double-digit impact with software solutions that enable them to accelerate product and service innovation, improve operational efficiency, and increase workforce productivity. In combination with an extensive partner network, PTC provides customers flexibility in how its technology can be deployed to drive digital transformation - on premises, in the cloud, or via its pure SaaS platform. At PTC, we don't just imagine a better world, we enable it.
Strategy & Operations Analyst, Senior
We are looking for a Senior Strategy and Operations Analyst who will support the development and execution of the Kepware business strategy as part of PTC's Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) segment. This includes business plan development, producing data-driven analysis to inform decisions, and managing processes for development and execution of go-to-market plans.
Senior Strategy & Operations Analysts enable data-driven decision-making to support the General Manager of the business and their staff by reviewing market, field, and transactional data to identify patterns and trends which will help to manage the business and drive strategic planning - uncovering key insights across customers, products, and the business as a whole.
This role will also be responsible for working with Finance to coalesce data from multiple sources to create an accurate representation of business drivers and provide recommendations for improving the quality of data gathered and the techniques used.
Senior Operations Analysts have significant visibility into management of the business segment, interacting with cross-functional stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Success and Product & Solution Management. This is a tremendous opportunity for an experienced strategy and operations career professional to take the next step in their professional growth.
- Support the data needs of the General Manager, their staff, and cross-functional ecosystem for the business area of focus.
- Work with senior leadership to translate the business and financial objectives, market opportunities, insights and portfolio offerings into a cohesive business plan
- Create data-driven business cases for investment decisions
- Analysis of information through modeling and consolidation of data
- Create executive-facing presentations and reports
- Leverage business systems to inform data-driven decision making
- Identify and resolve data inconsistencies that exist across other groups or business systems
- Maintain listing of forward-looking pipeline of opportunities
- Manage an up-to-date understanding of key customer information
- Act as liaison with Finance team to coalesce financial data with multiple sources
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Significant previous experience in data consolidation and analysis
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables, v-lookup, index & match functions, etc.)
- Highly skilled in Microsoft PowerPoint (e.g., executive summary presentations)
- Familiarity with analytics & dashboards (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, SQL)
- Familiarity with business information systems (i.e., Oracle Business Intelligence, Salesforce)
- Strong cross-functional project management skills, ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrated drive, confidence, and creativity
- Self-motivation with excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills- both oral and written
- Ability to identify key issues and patterns from partial or conflicting data
- 2-5 years of experience in Management Consulting, Corporate Strategy, Business Operations, Analytics, etc.
- Experience with delivering presentations to an executive audience
- Bachelor's degree (i.e., Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Operations, etc.)
With a culture that is innovative, inclusive, and inspiring, PTC is the perfect place to build a fulfilling career. We are a diverse ecosystem of more than 6,000 employees worldwide who are making an impact on the industry and on the world. We are passionate, ambitious, and bold. We embrace change and celebrate employees who are challenging the status quo. Innovation happens every day and within every team at PTC. We are curious, lifelong learners who also like to have fun!
At PTC, we believe in the power of diverse ideas and perspectives. As a global company that values and respects all identities, cultures, and perspectives, we strive to create an inclusive PTC for ALL through an environment where everyone feels like they belong and are empowered to bring their true, authentic selves to work. Proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and hire without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, ethnicity, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic identity, disability, or veteran status.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
Flexible Work Hours
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Casual Dress Code
Life and Disability Insurance
Paid Volunteer Days
Paid Parental Leave
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to your start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons or for other reasons that applicable state law requires employers to accommodate, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, including state and local mandatory vaccination orders.
At PTC, we believe in the power of diverse ideas and perspectives. As a global company that values and respects all identities, cultures, and perspectives, we strive to create an inclusive PTC for ALL through an environment where everyone feels like they belong and are empowered to bring their true, authentic selves to work. Proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and hire without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, ethnicity, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Life at PTC is about more than working with today's most cutting-edge technologies to transform the physical world. It's about showing up as you are and working alongside some of today's most talented industry leaders to transform the world around you.
If you share our passion for problem-solving through innovation, you'll likely become just as passionate about the PTC experience as we are. Are you ready to explore your next career move with us?