Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Finance team is looking for a Senior SOX Analyst to join the Business Controller team. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining process, risk and controls documentation across Finance and coordinate the quarterly and annual refreshes. You will get exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders from Product, Legal, Compliance and Engineering as we promote and strengthen the controls framework during this time of hyper growth. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of SOX 404 and US GAAP principles derived from deep work experience in this critical area. You should be well versed in business process mapping, risk identification and controls documentation and show exceptional attention to detail. The candidate will need to quickly build strong working relationships with key stakeholders across Finance, and show a mindset of collaboration and business partnership. As the business grows, we are focussed on sustainability and consistency to drive towards a best-in-class Finance department and you will be critical to the success of the team.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Coordinate across process owners and Finance Business Controllers to scope, design, and implement an effective control framework that supports SOX and ICFR compliance.
- Perform gap analysis and assist the business in preparing relevant entities for SOC audits.
- Identify key risks and perform testing to determine design adequacy and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Assess Finance and related SOX implications of new product launches, identify potential impact to Finance teams, update relevant controls, and communicate requirements to the product organization and other stakeholders.
- Assist in preparing the annual and quarterly management SOX scoping, risk assessment, controls mapping and changes identification process.
- Tracking of ongoing remediation items and coordination with internal and external auditors.
- Assist ICFR control owners in updating and maintaining SOX documentation in enterprise wide risk management systems, including process flows, significant controls, financial reporting risks and significant accounts.
- Prepare and deliver online training to users around risk and control best practices, as well as company wide policies and procedures for SOX compliance.
- Provide ad hoc reports and status on above responsibilities.
- Work on special projects / initiatives as assigned.
- Stay current on best practices and latest thinking regarding processes, risk management and controls.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with different cultures and levels within the organization.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business area, with CPA Certification (or working towards) preferred.
- 6+ years of experience, including financial audit/attestation preferably in a Big Four firm or a public company’s internal audit/SOX function or a combination thereof.
- Knowledge and experience in Internal Control over Financial Reporting, SOX 404 framework, SOC1 audits and the required documentation and testing to support compliance.
- Highly motivated and proactive with strong project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable in a hyper growth environment, managing through ambiguity and delivering at a fast pace.
Nice to haves:
- Working knowledge of Netsuite, Archer, Kyriba and G-suite tools.
- Crypto background and technical product knowledge.
- Working with complex data.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.