Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform Ops at SoFi
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our nearly 3 million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our DataOps platform team and help continue to build out SoFi’s data platform.
On our team, you will be in the middle of it all – implementing functionality, guiding the architecture of our systems, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good co-worker. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Data and Engineering and so you will be involved in solving cloud and data infrastructure problems with developers through technology. As a member of this team, you will play a key role in establishing the DataOps methodology to our engineering and platform initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Help establish DataOps platforms, processes, and frameworks to improve data quality and cycle times
- Deliver highly available, cost effective, secure, and scalable solutions in a production environment
- Improving test automation
- Design, automate and support CI/CD stack, infrastructure as code, monitoring, and logging
- Create and implement automated test frameworks for testing infrastructure pipelines
- Experiment with new technologies to recommend solutions that improve existing data landscape and reduce development time
- Provide operational support to data platform users
- Works on significant assignments that are broad in scope and complexity, may cross several functional and organizational boundaries, and cover a wide range of issues
- Coaches and mentors other engineers on methods and techniques
- Coordinates technical dependencies with other teams
- May be a technical lead for complex projects and will participate in the definition of project objectives
What You Need:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experiencing supporting cloud infrastructure
- At least one DBMS (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, MS-SQL, Oracle)
- AWS experience (particularly S3, EKS, RDS, DynamoDB, DMS, and EC2)
- IaC tools (Terraform, Cloudformation, Kustomize, and Packer)
- Experience with Python and creating packages
- Experience in build and deployment tools like GitLab, Artifactory, Docker, Kubernetes
- Must be a team player with positive attitude and ability to collaborate effectively
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program