Senior Manager, Business Intelligence (Remote) at Cision
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:15 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, March 22, 2022
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision is looking for an experienced business intelligence professional to join our Corporate Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence team.
This role requires a blend of experience working with broad array of business partners to understand their Data/Metrics/BI needs and deliver those needs ,managing multiple technical teams using agile methodologies.
As part of this role, you will be the product owner for Business Intelligence
As the Business Intelligence Manager you will;
- Be the vanguard of Cision’s Enterprise Data Assets ensuring that data and reports are of the highest quality and fidelity.
- Oversee the data pipelines and ingestion frameworks that are required to bring the data together at an optimal speed/agility.
- help manage the portfolio of technologies that will fulfill our Data and Analytics vision. Manage the on-boarding and inclusion of additional transactional and third-party data systems into the data warehouse
- Work with staff to create and maintain an enterprise data dictionary
- Evangelize the available datasets/reports across multiple business functions to create more enterprise value and through this value creation process generate excitement for bringing more data sets together to solve for critical business problems and create unique and better insights.
As the BI Product Owner you will;
- serve as the voice of customer and business stakeholders
- Translate the needs of customers into user stories, engaging users as needed
- Engage in continuous discovery (e.g., via surveys & interviews) to understand business stakeholders needs
- Leverage empirical and qualitative data to assess feature performance and inform prioritization
- Determine tradeoffs involving customer value, cost, and speed to execution
- Represent customer needs to ensure they are understood and integrated into the Agile Backlog work
- Proactively seek customer feedback to learn and better understand their needs and requirements
- Facilitate sessions between technical staff and business users
Experience & Competencies:
- Managing Direct and indirect resources, Data Engineers & BI Developers , setting priorities, reviewing work deliverables and performance, and taking corrective actions where needed
- Industry experience in a report development, data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- Proven track record of identifying, targeting, and delivering business outcomes using Data, Analytics, Governance and BI
- Managing the team’s Capex/Opex Budget and associated value delivered
- Manages and owns strategic relationships with vendors that are key to the portfolio, setup and leverage SLA’s with service providers for maximized savings
- Working with Scrum Teams, wearing multiple hats – particularly product owner with a good knowledge of agile methodology, rituals, tools
- Knowledge and experience of MS Azure Synapse as the Data Warehouse + MS Power BI, Domo, Tableau
- Organizational, project management abilities, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication to effectively interact with technical and Data-Savy business users
- Ability to take initiative & manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- A Bachelor’s degree (four-year college or university) in a relevant subject
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years in a management experience in Data Warehousing, Data Engineering & Report Development
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.
More Information on Cision
Cision operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL and Houston, TX. Cision was founded in 1867. It has 2736 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 113 open jobs at Cision, click here.
Read Full Job Description