Senior Database Engineer at Crunchy Data (Baltimore, MD)
Crunchy Data is the leading provider of trusted open-source PostgreSQL and enterprise PostgreSQL technology and is looking to hire a talented database engineers play a critical client-facing role to enable our customers to be successful with open-source databases at the enterprise scale in support of federal government mission operations. You will be instrumental in designing and implementing a highly available distributed PostgreSQL solution inside a Linux environment to support the client’s transition from a legacy system.
What You Will Do
Provide database architecture, design, and other database-related professional consulting services to our customers.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or 2-3 years of equivalent work experience).
- Demonstrated success as a database architect, database engineer, consultant or database administrator using PostgreSQL or other enterprise relational databases.
- Full working knowledge of database design and components including storage/table spaces, schemas, indices, partitions, aliases, constraints, and triggers.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Due to the nature of our client contract, US Citizenship is required for this position.
- Active U.S. Government security clearance or the ability obtain a clearance.
The following are considered a plus
- Prior experience with Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- 5+ years database development focused on high volume data storage and retrieval applications.
- Prior experience designing high availability and distributed systems.
- Demonstrated use and familiarity of scripting languages for database and system management.
- Prior experience debugging database interface issues with developers.
- PostgreSQL schema design, high-rate data loading, and performance testing and tuning.
Who We Are
Crunchy Data provides leading cloud native Postgres technology including Crunchy PostgreSQL for Kubernetes and Crunchy Bridge, a multi-cloud database as a service. PostgreSQL’s active development community, proven architecture, and reputation for reliability, data integrity, and ease of use makes it a prime candidate for enterprises looking for a robust relational database alternative to expensive proprietary database technologies. Learn more at www.crunchydata.com.
Crunchy Data has teams in South Carolina, Virginia, New York, and San Francisco, with other team members scattered across the United States (and the globe)! We strongly believe that if you have the talent to join the Crunchy Data team, you can work from anywhere. We take care of our team. In all full-time employment opportunities, Crunchy Data is proud to offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working style – Most positions are 100% remote
- 100% Company Paid Benefits for Employees and their Eligible Dependents, to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
- Dependent Care/Commuter FSA
- Generous PTO policy with an additional 10 paid holidays
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full-time, permanent associates at Crunchy Data in the United States.