Senior Database Administrator (HA) at 3Cloud
3Cloud is a technology services firm helping clients transform their business through the power of the cloud. We leverage Microsoft Azure to help clients speed up innovation, operate more efficiently and be more responsive to their client’s needs. As a Microsoft partner, we specialize in Azure migration, cloud-scale custom application development, Internet of Things (IoT), analytics, and managed development (DevOps) achieved through Azure-enabled infrastructure automation. 3Cloud is headquartered in Chicago with an additional office in Dallas.
3Cloud is looking for an experienced Database Administrator who is comfortable managing multiple deadlines and varied customer requests. A strong OS background is preferred due to the many migration assessments and implementations required by the position. Experience with Azure is a benefit, along with flexible and creative analytical skills to fit the solution to the customer needs.
- Work as a DBA for multiple customers, helping with Database Migrations, High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions, SQL and Windows Clustering solutions, Monitoring, Backup/Recovery solutions, and Performance Tuning including remediation on performance blockers
- Manage multiple long-term database-type projects at the same time
- Able to scope, plan, implement, and document and/or present a solution to the customer
- Provide cost effective Azure platforms to meet customer requirements
- Be able to work with Development, Test, and Production environments to support customer requirements at each level of work
- Assist with Security definitions and roles for various users in the environments
- Bachelor’s degree in computer, engineering, data science or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- Has the ability to work both strategically and tactically in different customer environments.
- Must be EXTREMELY detail oriented and self-directed
- Must be able to produce high-quality documentation for both internal and external distribution
- Must have multiple years working with a major RDBMS (Oracle/SQL Server) – preference given to deep experience with Microsoft products
- Moderate experience with OS clustering concepts and technologies.
- Must have experience in High Availability setups and configurations.
- Understanding of security roles and how to implement database security
- Advanced level experience at the implementation and appropriate use of the following HA/DR technologies: AlwaysOn AG, Replication, LogShipping, Mirroring
- Advanced level experience with database objects/stored procedures
- Advanced level experience with performance tuning, monitoring, and trouble shooting. Experience with Azure is a plus.
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills for both technical and non-technical teams
- Passionate about learning new technologies
- Analytical approach to problem-solving; ability to use technology to solve business problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Experience with SQL Server SSRS and/or Power BI
- Moderate experience with another RDBMS especially with migration scenarios
- Active within appropriate professional communities
- Moderate experience with storage concepts, both on-prem and in the cloud
- Moderate experience with networking as it pertains to application connectivity
- OS administration in Linux/Unix/Windows
- Moderate experience with SQL Server Analysis Services and/or Azure Analysis Services and/or Azure Data Warehouse concepts