Senior Data Science Manager (Workforce Planning)
When joining the Workforce Planning (WFP) organization it is a part of Consumer and Community (CCB) Operations division. The WFP Data Science organization is tasked with delivering quantitatively driven solutions to support the core WFP functions (demand forecasting, capacity planning, resource scheduling, and business analysis & support). The WFP organization supports Chase's call centers, back office, and ~5,200 retail branches.
Projects engaged by the Artificial Intelligence(AI)/Machine Learning(ML) team can be complex, data intensive, and of a high level of difficulty, each having significant impact on the business. Typically these problems will be of an unstructured nature, whereby the employee will be expected to quickly assess and comprehend the situation then develop a practical problem solving strategy.
As a Senior Data Science Manager in Workforce Planning, you will be expected to analyze the topic in question, develop solution proposals and review their results and next steps with management for prioritization, timing, and delivery. TheAI/ML team is tasked with building next-gen data science solutions that move us closer to real-time inference and decision making.
- Define the data science vision, strategy and roadmap for the organization.
- Manage a team of highly-capable and independent sole contributors, along with mentor, coach and grow people earlier in their careers In this role.
- Attract, develop and retain data science talent to ensure the team continues to enhance its value to the company.
- Oversees the design and development of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Statistical models.
- Ensure the robustness of any data science solution.
- Develop and communicate recommendations and data science solutions in easy-to-understand-way leveraging data to tell a story.
- Lead and persuade others while positively influencing the outcome of team efforts and help frame a business problem into a technical problem resulting in a feasible solution.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Master's Degree with 5+ years or Doctorate (PhD) with 3+ years of experience operating as an data science professional (e.g. data scientist, statistician, or related professions) in a quantitative field: Statistics, Analytics, Data Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Economics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and related disciplines.
- 4+ years of direct people leadership experience.
- Hands-on experience developing statistical models, machine learning models, and/or artificial intelligence models.
- Deep understanding of math and theory behind AI/ML algorithms.
- Proficient in data science programming languages like Python, R or Scala.
- Experience with big-data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, SparkML, etc. & familiarity with basic data table operations (SQL, Hive, etc.).
- Demonstrated relationship building skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of positive influence.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Advanced expertise with Time Series and Operations Research techniques.
- Natural Language Processing(NLP)/Natural Language Generation(NLG), Neural Nets, or other ML/AI skills.
- Prior experience with public cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services(AWS), Azure or Google Cloud Platform(GCP).
- Previous experience leading highly complex cross-functional technical projects with multiple stakeholders.
This is a Hybrid position which will require the incumbent to commute/work on site 3 days a week and work from home 2 days a week.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We're proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions - all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
The CCB Data & Analytics team responsibly leverages data across Chase to build competitive advantages for the businesses while providing value and protection for customers. The team encompasses a variety of disciplines from data governance and strategy to reporting, data science and machine learning. We have a strong partnership with Technology, which provides cutting edge data and analytics infrastructure. The team powers Chase with insights to create the best customer and business outcomes.