Senior Data Engineer at Validere (Houston, TX)
| Houston, TX | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:21 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, March 4, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who we are:
Validere is a measurement, reporting, and verification (MRV) SaaS company that helps energy organizations transform disconnected, incomplete data into clear and immediately actionable pathways to financial and environmental value.
Over 50 of North America’s leading energy companies rely on Validere’s technology and multidisciplinary experts to understand their physical and environmental commodities and navigate an increasingly complex environment with clarity and ease.
Validere is on a mission to better human prosperity by making the energy supply chain efficient and sustainable. The company has offices in Houston, Calgary, and Toronto.
Who you are:
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with a passion for solving complex problems related to data infrastructures for large scale and fast-growing datasets, including data ingestion, data consumption, processing and automation. Above all, we’re looking for someone who is driven and excited about the positive impact technology can have on business.
Let’s give you a purpose:
- Design and implement the data infrastructure platforms including the data ingestion, data consumption and stream processing on AWS
- Write code to automate ingestion and transformation of data from different sources (from conception to production)
- Design, build, and own highly resilient data processing jobs
- Build systems that represent real-world intricacies of physical commodities
- Collaborate with Services team to identify and map different data sources
- Participate in code reviews to push for high quality and coding standards
- Support the development and maintenance of data engineering guidelines, policies, standards and process narratives
- Mentor and guide other data engineers in the team
Our tech stack:
- Platform: Python, AWS (Airflow, Lambda, EKS, etc), Postgres, Redis, Docker, GraphQL, Terraform, Prometheus
What you'll bring along:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or extensive practical experience with software development
- Senior level data engineering experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment such as a startup or rapidly growing company
- Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures
- Proficiency in Python (numpy, scipy, panda) and SQL
- Comfortable working in Linux and writing shell scripts
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Docker
Nice to have
We love it here, you will too:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Stock options (at Validere, we're all owners)
- RRSP/401(k) matching programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development budget to master your craft
- Generous time-off with parental/family leave
- Quarterly Employee Wellbeing Days and No Meeting Friday Afternoons
- An inclusive, ego-free environment where diversity of people and thought is valued
- Opportunity to impact the trajectory of a fast growing tech company
Our shared values:
- Deliver (the highest) value
- Remove friction
- Everyday is more scalable
- Be well, fair & transparent
Validere is an equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the interview process and beyond. We are committed to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description