Senior Data Analyst at Informa (Remote)
Curinos, part of the FTSE 100 Informa Group is a financial benchmarking and omnichannel experience consultancy that works with leading UK and US Financial Services organisations, evaluating their performance and advising their senior management on strategy. We have exclusive access to uncensored information from the UK’s largest banks and insurers, enabling us to act as business advisors in a way that no other consultancy can.Job Description
We a looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join us on our journey. This is a newly created role and an incredibly exciting time to become part of our team helping EMEA retail banking and insurance clients, as the sectors rapidly evolves in response to technical innovations and market disruptions.
You will help us, ingest raw client data and turn it into usable analytics. Key responsibilities in the role will include; establishing data pipelines with clients, validating and transforming their raw data, so we are able to accurately visualise their competitive performance and provide actionable analysis to our clients.
You will be answering important questions as such as:
- Is data consistent over time?
- Does it make sense given other contextual information?
- How can we efficiently map each clients’ raw data into our systems?
- What additional metrics and insights can we create to help our clients?
Your key responsibilities may include:
- Becoming the Subject Matter Expert on our clients’ data and platform configuration, by:
- Developing and/or modifying code (e.g., SQL, Python) to customize our products to meet the specific business needs and strategies of our clients
- Gathering, validating and mapping data to power our analytical datasets and platforms
- Mining, cleaning, and analysing large data sets for trends or insights relevant to internal and client analysis
- Calibrating and updating models to incorporate new data and/or address our clients’ evolving strategic objectives
- Building out processes and procedures to support configuration activities more efficiently across our growing client base
- Advising on and participating in the use of client data to support strategic initiatives
Could this role be for you:
- Ideally you will have 2+ years of data analysis and a strong technical ability to programme and code (SQL, Python)
- You will have strong commercial experience with SQL
- You will be able to design, build and run our various client-specific ETL processes
- You will be experienced at being able to speak technically with product teams and engineers as well as translate technical concepts to less technical people
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail, especially when it comes to investigating and resolving data anomalies
- Data visualisation experience with Tableau *advantageous
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent workstreams
- Ability to work independently; demonstrated ability to work in a multi-tasked, cross-territory, and changing environment
Curinos is less than a year old and growing rapidly. All new team members will be able to actively contribute to shaping our company culture.
This position is for hire in our London location for candidates who have an existing right to work in the UK. We will also consider candidates who currently have the right to work in the US or Canada to work from our US and Canada locations.
Why work at Informa?
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities