Senior Business Analyst - Enterprise Payments
As a Senior Business Analyst within Capital One's Retail Bank and Enterprise Payments team, you'll work closely with senior leaders, technologists, and partner teams across the enterprise to develop data and technology driven insights to our business's most pressing issues, in a marketplace which is changing rapidly. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Unlike many other banks and financial services competitors, the Senior Business Analyst at Capital One truly sits at the center of finance, data, product and technology. Capital One's Enterprise Payments organization processes over $4 Trillion in transactions every year.
Examples of recent projects include:
- Developing recommendations to leadership related to consolidating and/or discontinuing payment initiation platforms to minimize arbitrary uniqueness
- Creating a robust analytical framework for reducing risk related to wire approval authority across the enterprise, and influencing change across Capital One
- Determining data-driven methodologies for identifying and extracting payments-applicable information from across enterprise-wide systems
- Evaluating customer response to a new economic environment and influencing strategic directions
- Launching a new payment rail and the related data infrastructure to support it
General Responsibilities :
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on data analysis
- Product : Develop and implement new product and business strategies for various solutions, including Commercial and Small Business Lending, Pricing & Valuations, Treasury Management and Deposit Services, Corporate and Consumer Credit Cards, Debit Cards, and Merchant Servicing
- Credit Risk : Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Marketing : Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Learning Agility : Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment. This includes an eagerness to pick up new skills including SQL, Python, R, and Tableau
- Clear results orientation: Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. Be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in financial services
- At least 1 year of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).