Senior Associate, Strategy (Market Intelligence) at Capital One (Washington DC)
The Strategy Group at Capital One engages in a discrete number of ultra-high impact issues that drive the performance of the company forward. Projects focus primarily on formulating enduring and profitable growth and value enhancement strategies and then working within the business to ensure the impact happens. Senior strategy staff sit directly on the most senior LOB management teams and have dotted line reporting to LOB heads.
The Market Intelligence team (within Strategy) focuses on competitive intelligence for the broader financial industry. The team oversees the construction and stewardship of proprietary strategic databases. Team members are also expected to function as strategy analysts with deep subject matter expertise on both confidential and syndicated data sets relating to competitive activity.
The Senior Business Analyst will work collaboratively with Strategy team members as well as business teams in developing and executing against analysis plans in support of a Market Intelligence engagement or specific business need.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute analysis plans utilizing internal and external data sources in support of business decision-making and strategy development
- Assist in the development and implementation of proprietary datasets that will support COF’s Card and Bank businesses
- Support the execution of learning agendas, analytics plans and specific marketing research programs
- Partner with Strategy and LOB analysts as well as external vendors in order to facilitate analysis work
- Assist in developing recommendations from the analysis in order to aid senior management decision-making
- Communicate analysis and its respective business implications to Director+
The candidate should have experience in the following areas:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a cross functional team
- Ability to identify and solve problems independently in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Ability to convey information in a clear and compelling manner
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Candidates with coding experience are preferred (SAS, SQL, STATA, Python, etc.)
- Consulting or market research experience preferred
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).