Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Customer Security Assurance Senior Analyst will support the development and execution of the customer security assurance program. In this role you will be the voice of Security and will be responsible for building customer trust in Coinbase’s management of security and privacy. You will partner with stakeholders across the organization to continuously improve Coinbase’s security control environment and provide assurance to customers. This is a highly visible customer facing role with direct impact on Coinbase’s commercial opportunities. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a high growth environment and easily adjusts to rapid changes in people, process, and product.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Act as a single point of contact for all go-to-market related security inquiries
- Partner closely with various internal teams and subject matter experts to maintain an accurate knowledge base of Coinbase’s security information to efficiently and effectively address customer inquiries about Coinbase’s security posture
- Manage responses to customer enquiries, including contributing to Request for Proposals (RFP), automating responses to customer security enquiries, and diligence assessments.
- Develop customer facing security documentation in the form of security white papers, shared customer responsibility matrix, diligence documentation and more based on customer asks.
- Engage directly with product engineering and other organizational teams as needed to solve customer queries.
- Partner closely with legal teams in contract negotiations activities to ensure that Coinbase’s security capabilities are accurately captured in customer contracts.
- Partner closely with Sales organization supporting the sales engagement lifecycle which includes: customer meetings, customer security enquiries.
- Collaborate closely with rest of the Security organization to ensure that relevant customer expectations are communicated to the respective parties in a timely manner
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 5+ years working experience within Security
- Experience in partnering with sales enablement and field sales teams on responding to customer security inquiries
- Understanding of common certification and attestation requirements like PCI DSS, ISO 27001, SOC1, SOC2 etc.
- Understanding of cloud controls and environments within AWS, GCP and or Azure
- Practical understanding of IT Security Compliance, risk management and information security principles including access control, network security, information security architecture, information security operations, and leading practices and associated tools
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, critical thinking and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong engagement skills (internal and external)
- Customer service orientation with a problem-solving approach
- Successful demonstrated experience managing and working with internal cross-functional teams and product engineering groups
- Positive, energetic personality, comfortable in front of groups/customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to cater communication to a wide range of technical, clinical, and cultural backgrounds. Strong Professional etiquette
Nice to haves:
- CISA, CISM, CISSP, CSA CCSK, ISC(2) CCSP or other Information Security related designation will be a plus
- 2+ years of experience in developing programs focused on customer assurance and building customer trust
- 2+ years of experience in responding to customer security inquiries
- Understanding of privacy regulations such as GDPR and CCPA
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.