Real Estate Sr Analyst, Associate at Common (Atlanta, GA)
Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking an Associate Director of Real Estate Accounts in New York, Los Angeles, or Atlanta to help build and manage our real estate pipeline. The Associate Director of Real Estate Accounts will be responsible for building and managing relationships with local developers, brokers and investment groups, running the deal process and coordinating with any internal groups on financial analysis.
- Analyze new management opportunities and coordinate with the Platform team on financial analysis on the viability of each transaction, incorporating a variety of capital, financing, and management structures
- Prepare and present internal and external materials and documents (e.g., pitch materials, business plans, management agreements)
- Work with internal and external design and construction teams to optimize floor plans
- Assist in deal negotiations to partner with real estate owners and build Common homes
- Facilitate coordination and communication between Real Estate and other teams at Common (e.g., work with Marketing to get monthly lease-up velocity information)
- Develop in-depth understanding of city and underlying sub-markets by owning comparable analysis and broader market analysis.
- Assist in sourcing new acquisition opportunities by developing and maintaining relationships with our local developers, investors, brokers and other real estate professionals
- Other ad hoc projects from time to time
- You are hungry to build a company and a new residential brand in real estate
- You have 3-5 years of experience in real estate, any real estate related fields and/or analyzing real estate transactions
- You have strong research and analytical skills
- You have strong business writing skills
- You are comfortable working in a collaborative yet goal driven environment
- You know how to ask for help when you need it
- You keep your cool in stressful situations
- You thrive in accomplishing detail-oriented tasks
- Emotional Intelligence
- Scrappy and resourceful problem solver
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude
- BA/BS Degree
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Notice of Collection of Personal Information of California Employees and Applicants