Privacy Data Analyst II at Uber
About the Team
Privacy Engineering's mission is to make Uber the industry model for consumer privacy through products and services, standards in product, engineering, policy, and transparent communications.
About the Role
We're focused on building both the user-facing features and internal services that give our users choice around their data, build trust, advance data privacy, and enable our business. The next data analyst to join the team will partner closely with Engineering and Product to develop critical insights that help understand our platform users better and drive critical business decisions.
Data Analyst Responsibilities
- Work closely with Product Managers to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of Privacy Products we launch
- Inform stakeholders on the use of Privacy features through dashboards and presentations
- Break down and analyze complex problem using data and technology
- Understanding product utilization through the lens of the user and regulations
- B.S./B.A. in a scientific or technical field, or equivalent experience in a previous role or bootcamp
- 2 years full-time industry experience in complex data analysis, experimentation, and product metrics for consumer facing products
- 2+ years experience in SQL
- Experience with reporting-based software, such as Power BI, Shiny, or Tableau
- Strong statistical background
- Strong verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Experience doing data analysis and scripting with Python or R
- Experience with Hive/ Hadoop
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills; can balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Able to identify stakeholders, build relationships, and influence others to get work done
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.