Principal Digital Researcher at Informa (Remote)
Curinos has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Digital Researcher to lead digital banking consulting, product development, and insight delivery for our US digital user experience banking advisory practice and our digital proprietary digital user experience insight platform, the Digital Banking Hub, serving customers in the banking industry.
The Omnichannel Experience team focuses on digital banking within Informa’s new Curinos business, which benefits from being an independent entity while being supported by the global FTSE 50 Informa Group. We help the financial services industry understand the banking user and customer experience by delving straight into the digital platforms and channels with which consumers and businesses interact.
We work with the leading US and global financial institutions to deliver insights for their channel, product, insight, and commercial teams by providing access to a digital content and data platform and by delivering insight and consulting.Job Description
This Research Director role has primary responsibility for the management of our digital advisory practice, along with a remit for product development and maintaining senior client relationships. For this position, we are looking for researchers with experience with digital banking and project management and product development lifecycles with an aptitude for user experience research.
The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about product development and design, and experienced with financial services and technology.
You will be:
- Developing digital-focused proposals, products and advisory capabilities to meet the growing needs of the leading North American banks
- Working with the Head of Omnichannel Experience to develop new and current products housed within Curinos’ leading digital user experience and benchmarking platform, the Digital Banking Hub
- Coordinating and delivering consulting assignments with a team of analysts according to agreed client requirements and deliverables
- Specifying requirements, agreeing pricing, and working with US operational team managers to ensure coordination, timely delivery of data and quality of data delivery required to support consulting project reporting and completion
- Leading and creating key presentations for leading US digital banks and providers focused on their specific business needs and relevant digital trends
- Producing content, writing analysis and developing insights for bespoke client presentations
- Prepared to delve into live digital banking journeys to draw insight for presenting, proposals and product development
- Working with sales relationship management colleagues to deepen client relationships via direct and proactive engagement with clients and identification of potential consulting opportunities
- Influencing internal and client stakeholders, especially those not familiar with digital experience, knowing when to listen, when to contribute and when to evangelise
- Working across the team to apply best practice learnings and insights from consulting and client engagements for enhancements across the different digital tracking products
- Acting as a thought leader in the sector and with clients through production of thought leadership blogs, articles and alerts for the Hub and for marketing
- Keeping up with industry knowledge and wider digital trends and develop your contextual knowledge of US banking
- Coaching and mentoring line reports and analyst team to improve their performance, knowledge and expertise
- Demonstrating high level of self-motivation to take initiative beyond your normal duties to find creative and effective ways to accomplish tasks, grow the business, and increase the profile of the digital experience team
- A confident and inspiring presenter and communicator, adapting your negotiation and communication style according to the range of internal and client stakeholders and across a wide range of financial institutions, from leading banks to regional banks and credit unions
- Bachelor’s degree - technology or human behavior-related fields are preferred (Computer Science, Experimental Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, etc.), but other areas will also be considered
- 5+ years’ experience in financial services sector and/or technology sector applying quantitative and/or qualitative research and analysis, with digital banking and/or user experience being a strong advantage
- Client-facing and senior client relationship management experience
- Experience of researching or knowledge about US banking would also be an advantage, but not essential
- Demonstrates a real interest in fintech and conversant on digital trends
- Line and team management experience
- Proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- An inquisitive, self-motivated and highly organised individual who is willing to learn and adapt to range of different opportunities
- Possesses strong attention to detail and knowledge and aptitude for digital user experience research
- Ability to think critically and strategically and communicate analysis using a story-telling approach
- Project management leadership skills and product lifecycle management experience, proficiency with Agile boards and Excel being an advantage
- Excellent presenting, verbal and written communication skills across different media, including ability to translate insights into visually engaging presentations
- Willingness to flex to US hours on specific weekdays would be an added advantage
Curinos is less than a year old and growing rapidly. All new team members will be able to actively contribute to shaping our company culture.
This position is for hire in our London location for candidates who have an existing right to work in the UK. We will also consider candidates who currently have the right to work in the US or Canada to work from our US and Canada locations.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates, we are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.