The Principal Data Solutions Architect provides thought leadership on technology solution design across Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT). The Principal Information Architect leads Technology Solutioning activities on highly complex, strategic projects or programs. The Principal Data Solutions Architect identifies, plans, and coordinates a set of related technical activities on multiple projects within a program, to manage their interdependencies in support of specific business strategies. The Principal Data Solutions Architect maintains a strategic view of future state technology over a set of projects, providing the framework for implementing business initiatives. The Principal Data Solutions Architect leads the mentoring and coaching of other technical experts and leads the development of best practices for the organization. The Principal Data Solutions Architect leads business engagement and stakeholder management activities, and ensures
the required outcomes are built, tested, and delivered for multiple large and complex projects.
- Work with business and technology cast members to define data needs and architect solutions in the form of a Solution Architecture that supports desired business and technical capabilities / requirements.
- Deliver hands-on components to support strategic and project-centric prototyping, proof-of-concept (POC), and solution prescriptions across emerging platforms
- Support the Information Management Reference Architecture and ensure the alignment of solutioning and delivery activities against the Reference Architecture.
- Produce artifacts in support of reference architecture advocacy and implementation, including authoring documentation, white papers, and presentations/diagrams for dissemination to technical and business audiences.
- Proactively look for opportunities to align technology as an enabler for business needs and capabilities (e.g., identify need for enterprise data warehouse, advanced analytics, etc).
- Perform industry research for best practices in architecture and data management for current initiatives and proactively share this information as applicable with other members of the team.
- Research leading edge technologies for future projects and use cases, including Cloud and Big Data platforms, business rules/data classification engines, near-real-time reporting, integration technologies, and data virtualization.
- Conduct pre-project business problem elicitation, feasibility, and business case definition on highly complex programs and projects.
- Work with the business to determine the real issue(s) that need to be solved, or the opportunity to do things differently.
- Develop the business case, in particular ensuring benefits align to strategic and tactical business objectives, managing interdependencies on multiple projects.
- Advises and makes recommendations on emerging trends which will be useful to the business, IT, and the entire segment in the delivery of future projects.
- Support the business in conducting business, technical, and feasibility assessments.
- Ensuring quality business requirements for large and highly complex projects.
- Experience leading data, reporting, and analytic solutions with demonstrated exposure to platforms such as AWS EMR, Hadoop, Spark, or Kafka and languages such as Python, JAVA, or SQL
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to become an established and trusted advisor with business and technology audiences.
- Proven ability to leverage and integrate technology components into an overall solution architecture in support of business requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Data Architecture, Data Warehousing, Advanced Analytic, or Data Science implementations.
- Demonstrated product and delivery experience across all tiers in the solutioning of information management solutions – from data sourcing to end-state delivery / consumption.
- Disciplined approach to the development and delivery of technology solutions.
- Experience presenting technical concepts and solutions to business and technology stakeholders.
- Proven ability to drive and influence change through innovation & process improvement.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
Required EducationBachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field