Principal Consultant - Pharmaceutical intelligence at Informa (Remote)
Informa Pharma Intelligence is on a mission to improve healthcare outcomes by empowering pharma leaders with unmatched data, insights, and platforms that empower decision making through the drug development and commercialization lifecycle. We are driven by an insatiable curiosity to identify the root-cause barriers that distance patients from the treatments they need. We ask the questions others don’t. We connect the dots others miss. We seek partners who share our vision and possess strengths that enhance our own. Our data-driven intelligence, backed by predictive analytics and human expert insights, enables the pharma industry to make informed strategic decisions at the speed of business.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to grow and develop the pharmaceutical consultancy practice serving some of the largest pharma and healthcare companies globally. As a Principal Consultant you are expected to contribute fully to team objectives and directly manage Senior Consultants and Consultants in their execution of client projects. Given the competitiveness of the consulting industry, client satisfaction is key to long term success. As such, commercial awareness, communication skills, rigor in analysis and reporting, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity are key factors for a consultant’s success.Job Description
As a Principal Consultant in the Pharmaceutical Intelligence Practice, your key responsibilities will include:
- Business development: sell a broad range of information-based consulting projects independently to both new and existing clients. Identify and understand the needs of the client base and develop ongoing and in-depth relationships with key clients to secure new and repeat business.
- Project management: translate proposals into comprehensive briefs and actionable project work plans for the project team. Manage projects with little guidance to produce high quality deliverables to client requested time frames. Monitor progress and overcome challenges that arise to deliver high quality projects to the agreed time frames.
- Project execution: set the high standards required of Senior Consultants and Consultants within the team. This will include understanding the reasoning behind a consulting project, the client’s agenda, and the priorities of the different project elements. Demonstrate the ability to identify and structure project related issues, analyze these issues, and develop recommendations. Use established conceptual strategy and market frameworks for analyzing data and communicating project results.
Knowledge, mindset, and skills
- A tenacious attitude in reaching your goals – an ability to focus on the long and short term, deal with adversity, and an infectious enthusiasm for reaching your goals
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and comfortable in voicing and expressing different opinions, being open to new/innovative ideas, and embracing truly unique points of view
- Ability to work under pressure and balance priorities – meeting financial goals and focusing on client needs and satisfaction
- Ability to understand client business requirements, conduct gap analysis, understand process flows, develop, and follow a project road map, design solutions, and appropriately empathize with and challenge the client
- Ability to come at challenges and problems from many angles. Comfort in trying new approaches, seeking out new perspectives and ideas, and celebrating successful innovation
- Deep understanding of the drug licensing and regulatory processes across the US, Europe and other key markets
- Understanding of forecast methodology and the ability to critique forecast models and key model inputs
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present scientific and commercial information in an accurate and appropriate fashion
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven ability to manage the delivery of consulting projects to pharma clients
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to dive into detail and analyze key issues, identify insights, and develop actionable recommendations
- Ability to think laterally about researching and sourcing information from within and outside of internal company resources
We are looking for an experienced Pharmaceutical or Biotech Consulting profesesional with the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a related discipline; an advanced degree (e.g., MSc, PhD, MBA) is an advantage but not essential
- Significant experience in a strategic consulting role within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Proven market and commercial intelligence expertise
- Experience managing teams either with direct line responsibility or on a virtual basis and able to bring out the best from people in demanding situations
- Knowledge of research methodologies gained either through briefing agencies and working with data or via agency experience
- Experience in supporting data-driven clinical development activities and data analytics would be an advantage, but is not essential
Why work at Informa:
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days PTO plus national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under law.