Implementation Conversion Analyst II at FIS (Atlanta, GA)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
- Develops understanding of and defines client products and services through information gathering sessions to determine how FIS systems must be established to meet client needs.
- Through data analysis, product mapping and interviews, gathers forms and data files from customer and assesses requirements for software utilization and discusses any software customization requirements with programming team.
- Creates data maps and transaction workflow documents showing exactly how every field of information will be converted. Data mapping forms the technical specification for the conversion and, in some cases, may generate code. Shares data maps with programmers, clients and others as appropriate to ensure successful conversion. Refines mapping through validation.
- As part of the conversion process, tests customized software against customer specific needs sharing reports and application specific data with customers that reflect how conversion data will be processed. Reviews conversion results (reports, balancing, data load, software changes) with client to refine and confirm requirements. Obtains formal customer acceptance of results.
- Examines client processes, forms and reports, determines operational needs and documents what software will do and all related processes, forms, reports, etc. to be used after conversion is complete.
- Carefully examines data and reports to make sure conversion is proceeding correctly, runs test scripts with various data to see how new or customized transactions process through the software and verifies and validates accuracy of data through the generation of a variety of reports. Validation may include completion of prior system to FIS balancing.
- Coordinates and conducts readiness review. This includes directing the customer in the preparation and execution of test scripts to verify accuracy of data, training and procedures, system set-up and reports. The readiness review process ensures the customer training and procedures, the system, and the conversion data are correct and ready for actual conversion.
- Customizes FIS software through the use of authoring tools to meet individual customer needs - modifies screens and data fields, creates new forms, screens, product sets, tables, etc.
- Throughout project, provides expertise to answer questions and guide clients in the use of the system.
- Conducts train the trainer sessions to instruct and train internal customers (employees) or external customers on changes, new systems or new procedures.
- Acts as an on-site resource during conversion and answers questions, troubleshoots problems as they occur, supports implementation of new procedures, conducts last minute training if necessary and provides support during conversion week. Reviews the conversion results (reports, balancing of systems, balancing system conversion to associated General Ledger accounts, errors with the customer and obtains client sign-off. Coordinates and directs the completion of post-conversion maintenance potentially including error resolution, system or data changes and balancing adjustments.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Strong technical acumen skills
- Ability to translate client requirements to technical specifications and communicate to technical staff
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.