Health Economist, LATAM at Zipline
Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.About You and The Role
Zipline is rapidly expanding our life-saving drone delivery footprint into Latin America, following the success and continued growth of the business across the globe. We are looking for an experienced Health Economist to join our New Markets team to drive early market engagement and insights into Zipline’s impact on these health systems! As our first Latin America hire, you will have a large role to play in defining the success of our business in this region, and the culture of our team as we grow.
In this role, you will understand the interplay between economics and biostatistics, public health and disease modeling, and be able to produce data-driven research to drive Zipline’s market entry into existing Latin American national health systems. You will work closely with our internal teams, and external advisors and health care professionals, to craft the economic value proposition of our instant-logistics services. As the first health economist hire in Latin America, you will be building relationships with key pharmaceutical and business thought-leaders in the region, with the goal of growing the team and impact of this role as we grow our business presence.
The ideal candidate has the ability to quickly use data to make decisions and be fearless in calling out data limitations and opportunities when it comes to value proposition creation. Success requires end-to-end accountability of highly visible insights, scoping and creating project plans, and working with our internal data team and our Africa Health Economist on developing processes around this growing team. There is also the opportunity to collaborate closely with our Impact team on longer term research including donor and health system assessments.What You'll Do
- Work with the Head of New Markets to identify opportunities and execute health economic and value proposition outcomes.
- Carry out quantitative analysis that will improve Zipline’s and our client’s understanding of our value proposition within national health systems.
- Be able to tell the existing story of Zipline’s health system success and see the longer horizon of growth and potential as Zipline’s health services expand.
- Represent Zipline in external health system working groups and at client outreach meetings with senior government officials.
- Thoroughly understand interdependent aspects of Zipline’s business, including medical delivery, supply chain impact, pharmaceutical compliance and existing value to healthcare partners.
- Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand operational limitations, scaling factors, and risks to program success.
- Establish clear roadmaps and goals for implementation, including identifying data collection and analysis gaps, and methods to overcome these challenges.
- 3+ years of experience in health economic and outcome studies, program management, healthcare, pharmacy, or medical supply chain.
- Programming: Advanced proficiency with statistical packages e.g., SAS, R, Stata; experience in Python a plus.
- Data visualization: Adept at summarizing large datasets visually that make complex results understandable at a glance.
- Quantitative skills: Strong understanding and proficiency in economic evaluations in the context of health markets, cost-effectiveness design and analysis, cost-utility measures and causal inference techniques.
- Language skills: fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
- Technical communication: Capable of translating a general question or problem into clearly defined analysis and presenting actionable insights.
- Project management: Adept at triaging analysis requests and balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and stakeholders at once.
- Organization and analysis - you use data to make decisions, and know when and how to implement the right level of process.
- Confident presenting complex solutions in a way that inspires your audience.
- Familiarity with the value drivers for recurring revenue businesses.
- A focus on continuous learning - it’s how we made it this far!
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
This role location can be flexible (Central or South America preferred to have proximity to customer timezones and conversations), but must be able to travel to South San Francisco (Headquarters) to work with stakeholders with some frequency (1-2 times quarterly max).
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!