At Chewy, data drives all of our decision-making and our HR organization is no exception. Chewy is looking for a Head of Enterprise People Analytics (EPA) to design and lead the people analytics strategy aligned to our business priorities. This is a crucial role leading our journey to establish and mature HR’s data capabilities across the pillars of insights and analytics, data science, business intelligence, data enablement, as well as support our listening strategies to collect, understand and act on Team Member feedback.
The candidate for this role will cultivate strong relationships with a wide variety of cross-functional partners and senior leaders, and will lead a team of leaders who interface with partners across Chewy to identify, prioritize, design and execute analytics and reporting activities, providing an enterprise view while addressing localized needs. The partners include stakeholders such as the HR Executive Leadership team, Centers of Expertise (COEs), such as Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Talent Management, Total Rewards, DE&I, and Employee Relations; Business Partner teams supporting our Fulfillment Centers, Customer Service, and corporate teams; Finance and IT.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish and lead the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Enterprise People Analytics function, including the development and socialization of corresponding whitepapers to garner organizational alignment and support.
- Lead the people analytics product and technology strategy, including system ownership, leveraging industry best practices, market data and technology trends.
- Set and manage the Enterprise People Analytics team talent and resourcing strategy, identifying and assessing ongoing organizational design, developing talent and building capabilities in line with the changing business needs and organizational maturity.
- Continuously assess demand and capacity and ruthlessly prioritize to balance customer needs with resource availability.
- Develop and lead the enablement strategy to drive adoption of the self-service analytics tools and building organizational capabilities in driving data-based decisions.
- Lead the governance committee to manage the prioritization process over the full portfolio for Enterprise People Analytics and align HR stakeholders on priorities.
- Responsible for Enterprise People Analytics Monthly Business Review, owns all data and analytics required for the Monthly and Weekly Business Reviews across all Business Units.
- Ensure the EPA team complies with all company, international, national, local, and other applicable data security, privacy and compliance requirements.
- Establishes KPIs to measure the success of the EPA team and the impact of people analytics on business outcomes.
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Analytics, Statistics, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years’ experience successfully leading teams who manage multiple priorities & deliver projects through on-time, on-budget, and with quality.
- Ability to develop effective business relationships within all levels of the company, including direct interaction and engagement with senior leaders and executives.
- Expert knowledge and experience using data and analytics to improve business results, using qualitative and quantitative metrics to provide a holistic view.
- Working knowledge of technology systems and the IT ecosystem to partner with IT on the technical strategy and help the team in overcoming roadblocks (i.e., AWS, Vertica, Snowflake, Tableau, Knime, etc.).
- Proven track record in strategic problem framing, issue identification, and the development of practical business solutions; able to solve complex problems and take a critical perspective on existing solutions.
- Must excel working in teams that rely on ability to collaborate with others
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments.
- Solid attention to detail and organizational skills
- Superb communication, collaboration, team dynamics, and conflict resolution
- Excellent partnership skills for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfortable with presenting and influencing at the executive and C-suite level.
- Travel expectation: 10%
- Master’s Degree in HR, Analytics, Statistics, or related field.
- Working understanding of the Agile principles and methodologies and how they’re applied in workplace culture.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.