Global Strategy Analyst (FinTech) at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Strategy and Transformation team is part of the FIS Banking & Merchant Solutions Technology Development (Software Engineering) organization and is charged with supporting our businesses and functions in driving transformation, innovation, collaboration, and efficiency. Our Strategy team leads the management of the organizations end-to-end corporate/operating strategy, including the delivery of large scale projects that support business growth activities, foster continuous process improvement, launch new capabilities and implement new technologies. We frequently engage with the Technology Development Leadership Team and senior executives from partner organizations (product, line of business, CIO) to ideate evolutionary steps or directly solution business matters via launch of strategic projects. In addition to leadership, we dive into the trenches and engage directly with our employee community to source pain points in their day to day processes - partnering to unlock those issues in order to accelerate business flow or spur innovation.
What you will be doing
- We are seeking a Strategy Analyst who is eager to engage with business leaders and provides though leadership, guidance and proposes solutioning that addresses their most urgent hurdles (be it within their operational models, processes, and organizational structure, etc).
- In this role, you will support senior leaders and execution of strategic projects that focus on delivery high-value outcomes to the software engineering organization. Your efforts would include scoping of current state, planning and developing improvement initiatives, diagnosing, and solving pain points, and implementing strategic improvements plans.
- The Strategy Analyst will actively conduct market and industry research on trends developing within the FinTech, software development landscape, Payments landscape and bring that intel into our enterprise plans and specified strategic projects. In this role, you will help to lead and/or support a broad portfolio of global initiatives, at any given time, dynamically working to tailor the assistance provided to each initiative based on business/ function need.
- Given we are very much a data-driven organization, we'd also look for you to leverage data on a daily basis to help form and enrich business analyses, fostering objective decision-making, align efforts to organizational OKRs and drive high value impact across the global portfolio.
Role and responsibilities also includes:
- Contribute to a fast-paced Agile team and participate in multiple aspects of corporate strategy planning, documentation, execution, testing and launch of projects
- Manage relationships with global stakeholders and executive leadership to achieve business outcomes
- Conduct market and industry research on trends developing within the FinTech, software development landscape, Payments landscape and more
- Drive the strategy and organization of Technology Development strategic initiatives, ongoing evaluation of portfolio to ensure alignment with organizational vision, mission and strategy
- Collaborate with Technology Development leadership to create and communicate long term vision, set and sequence strategic priorities, help to support and build out capabilities to achieve these organizational goals
- Extrapolate insights from data and determine how strategic use of data can support leadership in achieving their targets, providing process improvements and supplying insights, metrics and forecasting to enable data-driven decision making
- Wear the strategic hat by anticipating the analytical needs of the customers and align it to the project plan and roadmap for execution
What you bring:
- 2 or more years of relevant experience
- Intellectual curiosity, inclination for independent and self-directed work, and attention to detail
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving capabilities; uses innovative thinking to identify new/different solutions; looks beyond immediate problem for wider implications and determines best path forward
- Professional experience driving change, transformation, and process improvement initiatives
- Appetite to interact with internal business customers, management, and vendors on diverse topics, desire to drive regular strategic communication with executive stakeholders is a must
- Data Analysis experience with ability to conceptualize business issues and derivers, formulate hypotheses, gather results, analyze data and make appropriate recommendations for change
- Motivated problem solver; capable of understanding complex processes, relationships and converting those into actionable plans
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, illustrative, data visualization, and presentation
Added bonus if you have
- Keen interest in presenting to executive stakeholders
- Demonstrated skill in managing large complex, global projects/programs involving cross-functional teams
- Project management and communication skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate and gain buy-in from key stakeholders
- Experience working in an Agile environment and/or any SAFe Agile certifications
- Lean Six Sigma certifications
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment offering collaboration opportunities with dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
**Current and future sponsorship not available for this position**
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.