Engineering Manager, Fulfillment Platform at Uber
Uber's Marketplace Engineering team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push of a button. Our solutions expand user access, deliver reliability, and provide more transportation choices to users across our global markets.
About the Role
The Fulfillment teams develop platforms to orchestrate and manage the lifecycle of ongoing orders and user sessions with millions of active participants. Consistency at millions of transactions/sec and platformization of complex business modeling are our mission. We build, maintain and optimize the foundational services/frameworks on top of which Uber's core fulfillment flow is built.
This team is part of the Marketplace Org which is the real-time decision-making and systems behind Uber (ex: matching riders/drivers, pricing, fulfillment). We develop systems that can recover from business failures, monitor conformance, develop complex user state machine flows to unlock new product lines in the company.
In the next 1 year, fulfillment team will be innovating in the areas of development of rental product lines, re-envisioning multi modal shopping and trip flow experience that connect multiple marketplaces (e.g., order pickup food while on trip to another destination, get a ride that combines train + uber). Another focus for us is to enable third party drivers on our platform to make Uber a true platform as a service.
What You'll Do
- Build trust and foster a collaborative team culture and help grow the respective leaders in each of the focus areas.
- Build a strong eng brand for fulfillment and be able to attract and retain talent.
- Strategize and influence the product vision and roadmap in collaboration with the product and business team.
- Effectively work cross org to develop key fulfillment platform capabilities
- Translate the strategic roadmap into a practical execution plan with quarterly OKRs
- Build an influential culture of engineering excellence maintaining the balance and right tradeoff for building products for speed and tech debt
- Set up processes to handle ad hoc support requests from product development partners
- Develop an operational model to achieve operational excellence for Product metrics and Engineering metrics needed to world class enterprise software
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years proven experience building software across the stack (ie. mobile, consumer product/enterprise products, data pipeline, and ML) in product engineering
- 3+ years of proven experience leading multiple teams through Engineering Managers and Technical Leads.
- 5+ years of management building and leading a software engineering team.
- Experience working on storage and framework development
- Distributed systems and understanding of scale
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.