Director, Product Management at Chewy (Minneapolis, MN)
Chewy is currently seeking a Director, Product Management to join our exciting and fast-paced team in Seattle/Bellevue WA, Boston MA, Plantation FL, or Minneapolis MN. Chewy remains focused building compelling end-to-end experiences for pet parents to access Chewy’s products, services, content, and community. Our vision is that pet parents have the Chewy app on their home screen as one of their most used and loved apps that they use to handle all their pets’ needs in tandem with a best-in-class website experience.
We have ambitious plans for this rapidly growing business and strategic investment area for the company. We are looking for an experienced product leader and builder to innovate on behalf of customers and drive these exciting initiatives to grow our customer base, deepen relationships with pet parents and grow their engagement with Chewy, and develop new experiences and services to help them manage their pets’ needs. You will focus on building world-class customer experiences and delivering exponential growth through new innovative customer offerings. This role requires deep product management expertise, excellent leadership skills, and strong business judgment. You will be responsible for driving the roadmap for this highly strategic space, defining and implementing exceptional new end-to-end customer experiences, providing thought leadership and innovative vision in a fast-paced start-up environment. You will partner with product managers, software engineers, user experience designers, key stakeholders, and senior leadership to ensure the growth and success of the Chewy customer experience. If you enjoy defining and delivering first-class customer experiences, thinking big, and influencing others to build inspiring products, come join our team!
What You’ll Do:
- Own the customer journey and define the 3-5 year product vision and build the product roadmap for critical parts of the Chewy customer experience based on your vision and strategy
- Combine metrics with anecdotes and user research to hone in on key insights to drive product innovation and optimization and grow our business channel
- Define and build a world-class customer experience for pet parents
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs for speed to market, performance, and features
- Work cross-functionally across Product, Design, Technology, Marketing, Merchandising, Customer Service, Operations, and Executive teams to create and build support for a shared product vision
- Create program goals and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve your objectives
- Independently influence VPs and C-Suite leaders to achieve business outcomes; regularly interact with VP level and present to C-Suite
- Mentor members of our product and analytics team to develop further our high-performing culture
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years product management or related experience; E-commerce experience preferred
- Demonstrated track record of full product development lifecycle ownership: vision setting, ideation, writing comprehensive BRDs, MVP and test-and-learn roadmap, product launch, goal ownership
- Experience with customer behavior tools like A/B testing, user-research, and VOC (voice of the customer)
- Extraordinary analytical, critical thinking and strategic problem-solving skills, with the ability to deal with ambiguity and cut through complexity, turning high-level business requirements and opportunities into specific projects
- Exemplary product management skills with demonstrated complex product launches, high attention to detail and situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perseverance to handle challenging business situations and make trade-offs at all levels of management
- Experience working in an agile software development environment leveraging Scrum; track record of building productive relationships with engineering leadership
- Exceptional business and financial acumen with ability to ask the right questions and balance thinking big with simple solutions and pragmatic execution
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.