Director, Data Infrastructure Services (Remote) at Twilio
Join the team as our next Director, Data infrastructure Services!Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position is needed to lead the Twilio SendGrid engineering teams who are directly responsible for creating and operating data infrastructure services. Our delivery teams leverage these services to provide our customers with nuanced, easy to interpret data analysis. The teams you will be leading are passionate about building platform services that serve our internal community of developers at scale, and at a world class level of quality.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead engineering teams by coaching and encouraging, building a safe and inclusive environment where all voices can be heard.
- Provide a safe work environment that embraces failure as a way of learning and encourages our engineers to be inventive and motivated.
- Lead or assist in all aspects of data infrastructure services, including technical strategy formation to meet business objectives and operational execution.
- Encourage your teams to find progressive ways to solve problems; adopt new technologies and strategies where applicable.
- Analyze technical strategies and provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years experience leading platform or data engineering organizations
- Passion for developing the next generation of engineering leaders within your organization and providing an environment for learning and growth
- Ability to inspire by clearly articulating a vision for providing platform services focused on high scale data management solutions.
- Have the technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
- Specify work schedule (if applicable), specify education, previous job experience, certifications, technical skills and soft skills required.
- Experience delivering open source data management or observability services in Internet scale SaaS environments.
- Email industry experience is a plus.
This role will be based in our Denver, CO office.
This role will be eligible to remote employees in the US.
Approximately up to 5% travel is anticipated.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $193,760 - $266,420.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.