Data Programmer/Analyst at Novetta (Washington DC)
Accenture Federal Services delivers a range of innovative, tech-enabled services for the U.S. Federal Government to address the complex, sensitive challenges of national security and intelligence missions.
Refer a qualified candidate and earn up to $10K. Learn more here >
Novetta is seeking a talented Data Programmer/Analyst to join our CloudTracker product team. The ideal candidate will have experience using programming languages like Python to manipulate, query, and analyze large, highly structured datasets using a variety of techniques and technologies. You will be become a subject matter expert, identifying online and off-line methods and models for working with specific datasets. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, construction, execution, and optimization of these methods/models.
In this role, you'll work alongside other smart, highly-motivated people building a modern, cloud-native web application on AWS and Azure. We use Agile Scrum, and release working software at the end of each two-week sprint using CI/CD with Jenkins. We follow engineering best practices to design / mock, spec, build, test, and publish quality capabilities.
- Work with the business analyst and other team members to understand project objectives; analyzes and proposes related work objectives/tasks
- Assist with the design, implementation, and integration of software applications with database engines, data structures and functions.
- Decompose work into executable tasks that are achievable within a two week sprint
- Design, develop, and optimize data processing, query and analysis workloads over large datasets (on-line/off-line techniques, caching, machine learning, etc)
- Devise techniques for optimizing large datasets for near-real-time access by end-users
- Identify and troubleshoot issues with data models, queries and performance
- Apply industry standards and engineering best practices that are appropriate for building/delivering production-grade software
- Ensure efficient delivery of engineering capabilities using repeatable processes.
- Identify and mitigate risks that are associated with overall system performance, and delivery of production-grade systems
- Conduct thorough testing using representative datasets to accurately profile query performance for evaluation/optimization
- Review database performance against design requirements and documents results.
- Propose and apply appropriate tools that assist with monitoring/optimizing, and identifying/resolving database related problems
- Ensure quality control over all related work products.
- 5+ years of experience writing scripts/applications using the Python programming language (syntax, structure, modules, frameworks, unit testing, etc)
- 5+ years of experience using Python libraries such as sklearn, matplotlib, and numpy
- 5+ years of experience using statistical approaches to analyzing structured data
- 5+ years experience designing, building and testing various machine learning models and feature selection working with large datasets
- 5+ years of experience analyzing business requirements and devising work objectives/tasks
- 5+ years of experience in task decomposition and estimation
- 5+ years of experience working in a SCRUM/Agile environment
- 3+ years of experienceGit/Github source control
- Experience programming in Java
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure
- DoD 8570 Level I and applicable Computing Environment (CE) certifications
(these will be required to be obtained/maintained)
Security Clearance: Eligible
US Citizenship required.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role. Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually. Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.