You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research and help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, and lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives.
For the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix has built one of the nation’s largest COVID diagnostic labs and has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 and other viral strains.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Implement data warehousing solutions for clinical and public health data.
- Maintain data integrity and quality throughout the data lifecycle, including ensuring regulatory compliance (e.g., blinding) where appropriate.
- Author data models that are simple, functional, and support varied use cases.
- Collaboratively design and build data infrastructure and tools.
- Develop a strong domain understanding of genomics, infectious disease, and healthcare data at large.
- Mentor other engineers to reinforce a culture of learning and teaching.
- 4+ years experience in Go, Python, or a similar language
- Expertise architecting and building large data warehousing solutions on AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Command of data modeling, data stores, and query optimization
- Deep understanding of data technology implementation and architectural tradeoffs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Health data experience
- Experience building with AWS Redshift
- Experience using infrastructure as code tooling/frameworks (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Proficiency with serverless architectures
- BS+ in Computer Science; coursework in statistics, genetics, or bioinformatics