Data Engineer at Cognite INC. (Houston, TX)
| Houston, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:14 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 11, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Do you see how data can be used, modeled and visualized in new ways to improve decisions in industrial engineering, but you experience that the tools and data availability is insufficient to create impact? If you want to change that, and take part in forming what the future of the industry will look like you should join our Cognite and become a part of the team responsible for delivering Cognite’s cutting edge industry solutions to our customers!
As a Data Engineer, located in Houston, TX, you will design, develop and implement data infrastructure and best-in-class pipelines that collect, connect, centralize and curate data from various internal and external data sources. You will ensure that architectures support the needs of the business, and recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency. You are an experienced engineer with a passion for software development, hands-on in designing, implementing, and delivering features for flagship products.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Solution Architects to understand client requirements and define queries with subject matter experts
- Develop custom extractors using backend technologies and languages i.e Python, Spark, Rest APIs
- Customize existing extractors i.e. database extractor using SQL, event streaming using Kafka and deploy using Docker
- Create custom data models for data discovery, mapping, and cleansing
- Collaborate with product development to turn customer needs into potential product offerings
- Prototype data visualization and dashboards
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in a Data intense role
- Experience in O&G, Power & Utilities and/or Manufacturing is required
- BS or MS degree in computer science or related field
- Loves to code, passion for coding, and enjoys sharing that knowledge with others
- Strong understanding of data analysis or data science
- Experience working with data technologies, such as: ETL, SQL, Python
- Ability to work on both internal and external client-facing projects and communicate with key stakeholders
- Ability to travel onsite to meet with and engage with clients -- we don’t build solutions in isolation.
- Role based in Houston, TX or (Austin, TX w/ travel to Houston)
What Makes Us Great
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking global projects
- High level of autonomy, ability to influence decisions and to learn from mistakes
- Work along side a driven, engaging team with in-depth software expertise and industry experience
- Opportunity to join [email protected] for social, community, and diversity initiatives
- Focus on agility and speed, openness, togetherness, impact, and obligation to speak up
- Join a team that truly lives their values and brings their whole selves to Cognite --> watch some of our Cognite Voices Katrine Tjølsen, Petter Reistad.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Compensation + 401(k) with employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered for employees and all dependents
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Global Mobility & Exchange Program
- Company Paid Friday Lunch via DoorDash + Fully Stocked Fridges in the offices
Cognite is a global industrial SaaS company that was established with one clear vision: to rapidly empower industrial companies with contextualized, trustworthy, and accessible data to help drive the full-scale digital transformation of asset-heavy industries around the world. Our core Industrial DataOps platform, Cognite Data Fusion™, enables industrial data and domain users to collaborate quickly and safely to develop, operationalize, and scale industrial AI solutions and applications to deliver both profitability and sustainability. Visit us at www.cognite.com and follow us on Twitter @CogniteData or LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cognitedata
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment at work and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment; everyone we hire will receive the same level of consideration for training, compensation, and promotion.
We ask for gender as part of our application because we want to ensure equal assessment in the recruitment process. Your answer will help us reach this commitment! However, the question about gender is optional and your choice not to answer will not affect the assessment of your application in any way.
Read Full Job Description