Data Engineer at AHEAD (Nashville, TN)
| Nashville, TN
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:44 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, November 17, 2022
AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
At AHEAD, we prioritize creating a culture of belonging, where all perspectives and voices are represented, valued, respected, and heard. We create spaces to empower everyone to speak up, make change, and drive the culture at AHEAD.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not discriminate based on an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived.
We embrace all candidates that will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives at AHEAD.
AHEAD is looking for a Data Engineer to work closely with our dynamic project teams (both on-site and remotely). This Data Engineer will be responsible for hands-on engineering of Data platforms that support our clients’ advanced analytics, data science, and other data engineering initiatives. This consultant will build, and support modern data environments that reside in the public cloud or multi-cloud enterprise architectures.
The Data Engineer will have responsibility for working on a variety of data projects. This includes orchestrating pipelines using modern Data Engineering tools/architectures as well as design and integration of existing transactional processing systems.As a Data Engineer, you will implement data pipelines to enable analytics and machine learning on rich datasets.
- A Data Engineer should be able to build, operationalize and monitor data processing systems
- Create robust and automated pipelines to ingest and process structured and unstructured data from various source systems into analytical platforms using batch and streaming mechanisms leveraging cloud native toolset
- Implement custom applications using tools such as Kinesis, Lambda and other cloud native tools as required to address streaming use cases
- Engineers and supports data structures including but not limited to SQL and NoSQL databases
- Engineers and maintain ELT processes for loading data lake (Snowflake, Cloud Storage, Hadoop)
- Leverages the right tools for the right job to deliver testable, maintainable, and modern data solutions
- Respond to customer/team inquiries and assist in troubleshooting and resolving challenges
- Works with other scrum team members to estimate and deliver work inside of a sprint
- Research data questions, identifies root causes, and interacts closely with business users and technical resources
- 3+ years of professional technical experience
- 2+ years of hands-on Data Architecture and Data Modelling.
- 2+ years of experience building highly scalable data solutions using Hadoop, Spark, Databricks, Snowflake
- 2+ years of programming languages such as Python
- 1+ years of experience working in cloud environments (AWS and/or Azure)
- Strong client-facing communication and facilitation skills
- Python, Cloud, Linux, Windows, NoSQL, Git, ETL/ELT, Spark, Hadoop, Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Data Engineering, Snowflake, SQL/RDBMS, OLAP
Through our daily work and internal groups like Moving Women AHEAD and RISE AHEAD, we value and benefit from diversity of people, ideas, experience, and everything in between.
We fuel growth by stacking our office with top-notch technologies in a multi-million-dollar lab, by encouraging cross department training and development, sponsoring certifications and credentials for continued learning.
We understand that you have a life outside of work. That’s why we offer flexible paid time off, paid company holidays, and the ability for you to manage your work schedule as needed.
More Information on AHEAD
AHEAD operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL, Brentwood, TN and Atlanta, GA. AHEAD was founded in 2007. It has 1154 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all 30 open jobs at AHEAD, click here.
Read Full Job Description