Data and Platform Services Lead at Informa (Remote)
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
IIRIS is a platform and suite of products designed to help us know, reach, and build better informed customer connections through insightful data gained through multiple interactions with Informa’s highly specialised communities.Job Description
- Manage development and support of Data engineering, API’s, analytics & reporting services
- Collaborate with Users, Vendors, product teams to build and support IIRIS platform.
- Manage Paas/ Saas relationships to support application integration, maintenance, upgrades, and migration.
- Document application development/ support processes, procedures, and standards.
- Apply the state-of-the-art DevOps and Agile methodologies to improve the software delivery.
- Mentor team of platform, data, analytics, reporting & Cloud Ops leads and provide end-users with technical/ SME support.
- Enable ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Managing the team interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth; and escalating problems to upper management/ business heads.
- Reporting performance metrics to the senior leadership
- Have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who has the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
- Work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams.
- Inherent curiosity and empathy for customer success
- Think long and Act short
- Collaborative with your peers, partners and your team.
- Excited about the mission and milestones not titles and hierarchies
- 12+ years of work experience developing and supporting high-end software products
- Excellent knowledge on AWS eco system – Cognito, API gateway, lambdas, ES. MongoDB, Vaults
- Excellent knowledge and working experience on data management technologies and frameworks, preferably on Python, Airflow, AWS API Gateway, SNS, SQS, Lambda ·
- Experience in any one of ETL & reporting technologies ( Airflow, Domo preferred)
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools like Bitbucket, Jenkins.
- Working with tools like Jira, ServiceNow
- Experience with Machine Learning, NLP
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements.
If you're excited about working in our dynamic, people orientated culture and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.