Data Analytics Associate at SmithRx (Provo, UT)
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values of:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
With fast-paced growth comes a multitude of data-related opportunities to explore and challenges to navigate. SmithRx’s Analytics team is at the forefront of wrangling vast amounts of data, unlocking their complexities, and harnessing their insights to generate value for present and prospective clients. We seek a Data Analytics Associate to assist us in these exciting endeavors.
The Data Analytics Associate will operate as a part of SmithRx’s growing Data Analytics team. S/he will work cross-functionally with our technology organization to develop and implement methods that will consolidate various “big data'' elements, derived from both internal and external sources. S/he will dive deep into the data, hunting for the insights that will inform decision-makers and support key business needs. S/he will assist the team in designing creative metrics and appealing visualizations for reporting that effectively communicate our value proposition and enhance the SmithRx product. Our goal is to pave the path for, and effectively illustrate, a robust, meaningful, and cost-effective product offering for our clients and members alike.
What will you do:
- Develop and implement methods to integrate various cost data sources into cohesive, analysis-ready datasets
- Design metrics and conduct rigorous analysis to uncover cost savings insights embedded within our data
- Create visual snapshots that tell clear, compelling stories and support regular and ad-hoc reporting by highlighting the SmithRx value proposition
- Construct pricing models to dive deep into client performance and explore how we can achieve optimal pricing outcomes for both present and perspective business
- Partner closely with our Customer Success and Sales organizations to ensure that all of their data-related needs are met
- 5% travel to San Francisco/ Utah will be required
What will you bring to SmithRx:
- 2-5 years of work experience in Data Analytics role required
- Healthcare and/or pharmacy experience preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced skill in SQL (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel
- Advanced skill in Tableau, or similar data visualization software
- Robust analytical skills, ability to think critically about data and the stories they tell; experience integrating large sets of data from disparate sources
- A curiosity and excitement to learn about pharmacy industry data
- Strong communication skills via meetings and written correspondence
- Self-starter mentality: ability to make informed decisions, find creative approaches to difficult challenges, and deliver on commitments
- Execution-focused ethos - you are a solutions-oriented problem solver and efficiency driven
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to respond under the pressure of a fast-paced technology company
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Discretionary Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities