Customer Support Strategy & Operations Manager (Remote Eligible) at Okta
Okta is looking for a Strategy & Operations Manager to assist the Customer Support Team in coordinating projects for Salesforce as well as other technology tracks through all phases of the requirement development life cycle. This person will assist various Product Owners manage the full life cycle of technical projects and programs to deliver high quality services for our customers with predictability. They will also help bring order to chaos by thinking holistically and working cross functionally to design and improve processes and tools.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable working with both highly technical and non-technical disciplines to ensure that program inputs and requirements are transformed into appropriate outputs and results. They should be able to identify, manage, and mitigate risks, and create repeatable processes allowing scale and leverage. This person must also have knowledge of Support and Services business processes and a desire to help build the infrastructure to enable an Enterprise Class service and support organization. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment and can take something from idea to execution with ease.
As a part of the Customer Support Operations team, you'll be using your knowledge of support technology platforms and processes to help the Business in making informed business technology/process decisions. You’ll work cross-functionally with other teams and Executives to perform analyses and build scalable solutions, so support management can quickly and accurately respond to opportunities and be able to take actions. You’ll be involved from project inception to design through to project delivery, ensuring that your programs are delivering high-quality and relevant customer experiences so that our business can grow intelligently.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate in the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of all Salesforce and other technology projects for Customer First Support Operations.
- Work cross functionally with IT (and other departments) to understand our business ecosystem, governance, and change mgmt. in order to facilitate smooth delivery of all projects.
- Maintain a backlog of all technology related changes for Customer First Support Operations, help prioritize and participate in regular release mgmt. meetings to deliver changes.
- Proactively identify dependencies between teams and ensure all plans align on delivery criteria
- Analyze projects to identify risks and potential roadblocks, and modify project plans to mitigate risk
- Proactively manage dependencies and resolve issues
- Build and maintain relationships with IT, Support, and all cross departmental stakeholders to increase collaboration and productivity
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Information Technology.
- 5+ years of program management experience leading programs of significant complexity including but not limited to instance integration projects as part of Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as Salesforce Service Cloud Business Analyst.
- Working knowledge and experience supporting omnichannel and data directed contact center technology.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- 5+ years experience working in High Technology Support organizations.
- Understanding of SCRUM Agile Methodology.
- Working understanding of Jira.
- Ability to understand complex business problems and interpret business and technical requirements.
- Experience with various Web Technologies and understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Databases a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.