Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is leading the expansion of digital currency into the financial mainstream. We are building a world-class legal team to support Coinbase and its affiliates as we continue to grow the company in the U.S. and internationally. You will be working in a cutting edge and fast-paced environment, where disruptive technologies and unconventional thinking are the norm.
We are looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and experienced Contracts Analyst to join our growing transactional team. You’ll work on a wide range of commercial agreements, including inbound services, licensing arrangements, marketing agreements, partnership agreements, RFIs, amendments and more. In some cases you’ll be the sole legal support and in others work closely with other legal team members. You'll also assist with or lead commercial related scaling and operational projects that will help streamline processes and allow the business to move quickly. You will collaborate closely with business teams, product teams, and Legal and Compliance department colleagues to move the business forward
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Support Coinbase’s Source to Pay team in drafting, evaluating, negotiating, and executing commercial agreements such as licensing, marketing, consulting and master services agreements, statements of work, and confidentiality agreements.
- Review, draft, and negotiate various types of agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, software licensing agreements, professional services agreements, terms and conditions of purchase, evaluation agreements, supply chain, procurement and logistics agreements, and vendor agreements.
- Manage and monitor contract lifecycle from beginning to end.
- Collaborate and provide contract support to internal business teams and third parties to gather and synthesize information for agreements.
- Define procedures and practices to promote efficient workflows and handling of contract requests.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across the company with all levels of the organization. Can drive alignment around goals and objectives, facilitate dialogue even amidst uncertainty or tension, and move contracts forward. Ability to establish relationships with and collaborate on projects with external partners.
- Ability and willingness to navigate ambiguity and be flexible; Comfortable rolling up sleeves and digging into problems; Self-starter comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist with supplier onboarding process to execute SOWs and documentation.
- Ensure proper agreements are in place and perform tracking within the workflow.
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams (Sourcing/Procurement, PrivacySecurity, Product/Engineering, Finance/Tax, Legal/Compliance, IT/PeopleOps) and other legal colleagues to solve problems, build partnerships, and close deals quickly.
- Look around corners and creatively solve problems for the business as they plan, build, and execute their transactional and product roadmap.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working as a contracts manager or paralegal in a large law firm, or in-house.
- Experience independently drafting, negotiating and executing commercial contracts such as nondisclosure, consulting, professional services, license and marketing / promotional agreements, amendments, statements of work, and assignments.
- Experience developing commercial procedures or project-managing legal related organizational projects.
- Experience implementing and working with a CMS tool is a plus, but not necessary.
- Experience working with and collaborating with cross-functional teams such Finance, Tax, Security, and Privacy, on contract negotiations.
- Superior interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while adapting quickly to a rapidly changing environment.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and preconceived notions of what is possible.
- Experience owning projects from concept to finish.
- Excellent judgement, analytical rigor, clear communication, and business pragmatism.
- Comfort and experience with technology solutions that help you scale your practice.
- Intellectual curiosity and flexibility.
- Sound and practical business judgement.
- Team-oriented and collaborative.
- High EQ, wise, authentic, with a sense of humor.
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of and experience with data privacy regulations and related requirements (e.g. GDPR, CPPA), preferred but not required.
- Experience in a regulated financial services industry is a plus.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.