Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
This position is on the Software Configuration Management (SCM) Team, which is geographically spread across 3 continents. You will have the opportunity work with all of the various automation/cloud technologies that we use, this is an ideal opportunity for anyone wanting to progress in DevOps.
What you will be doing:
You will help in creating CI/CD pipelines and in automating deploys of our products on Unix and Windows platforms. You will also be responsible to lead a vulnerability remediation team and also support Continuous Integration tools and processes.
- Shares in developing effective configuration management strategies and solutions for existing and new products.
- Coordinates, facilitates, manages and controls scheduled and approved change windows for product release and infrastructure maintenance windows.
- Participates in change management reviews and confirmation of changes submitted by associates outside of assigned organization to ensure minimal disruption occurs.
- Works with all parties to resolve change-related scheduling conflicts according to established practices.
- Assesses risks and impacts to changes throughout the software development lifecycle ensuring minimal disruption to the organization and other FIS and client organizations.
- Ensures proper archiving of software application releases.
- Analyzes the software development lifecycle for process improvements and automation opportunities.
- Works with development and release management teams to ensure business requirements are defined and solutions accurately designed to meet stated business needs.
- Administers and supports third party source, version control, build, and distribution tools like Jenkins, Octopus.
- Strong skills in Powershell and Unix shell scripting.
- Administration experience on Atlassian products like Jira, Crowd, Confluence is desired.
- Administers and maintains source code repositories stored within software configuration management tools, e.g., SVN Subversion, GitHub.
- Performs software integration that includes building/compiling source code and documenting software build/compile process.
- Troubleshoots internal software automation tools and utilities.
- Assists with testing and implementation aspects of development projects including installation, configuration and customization of internal software and utilities.
- Assists with troubleshooting interfaces to change control and defect tracking systems.
- Assist with setting up projects in the version control tool, creating and troubleshooting distributed builds/compiles, as well as training and providing consultation to development teams on how to use supporting tools.
- Performs application conversion, configuration and release deployment duties.
- Maintains all internal documentation.
- Provides assistance and training on source code management processes, procedures and tools.
- Supports internal customers by responding to help desk calls, performing night on call activities as requested and completing service requests related to version control, software development lifecycle management and build management, distribution and deploy management.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Act as SCM Lead for all Omni front office products (PowerImage/EXPAG/OmniWorkflow,
AdminWeb, DVW, BAVP, OIDP, OmniLink), including training new team members on Installation and Best Practices.
- Act as a Vulnerability Team Lead for the WRA(Wealth & Retirement).
- Considerable knowledge of change and release management principles, procedures and techniques
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and ability to think and solve problems creatively
- Proficient troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with others
- Ability to respond to requests under tight deadlines in a dynamic working environment• Demonstrated understanding of source code management concepts and/or software development lifecycles
- Familiarity of standards and best practices relevant to the information technology industry, e.g., ITIL, COBIT, CMM)
- Knowledge of operating system, security and database software
- Experience with object oriented and structured programming languages
- Experience with scripting languages
- Knowledge of release and configuration management tools like Jenkins, Jenkins pipelines, Octopus, JFrog Artifactory is desired.
- Apache Tomcat
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.