Compensation Insights Analyst at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is hiring a Compensation Analyst to support our rapidly growing organization and our innovative compensation programs. Data is core to our compensation programs, and this role will own and operate our core data-driven initiatives: Market Intelligence and benchmarking, International Compensation, and Pay Equity programs. They will also work with our Compensation Business Partners, Compensation Team Leadership, and other cross-functional partners by driving both operational and analytical workstreams.
The right candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high growth culture that values clear communication and efficient execution. You are self-motivated and detail oriented with a very solid orientation to data analytics and project management. The keys to success in this role will be both operational excellence, as well as a deep curiosity to understand what drives value in our business, and apply those learnings to operate and enhance our Compensation programs as needed.
If you are excited about working across our HR team to deliver on fast-paced and high impact integration projects, we’d love to talk to you!
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manages our participation in the Compensation Survey processes to gather and analyze market data in order to evaluate roles and maintain the competitiveness of our salaries, bonus and equity programs.
- Owns and operates our annual Market Reviews to ensure we maintain our desired comp positioning
- Researches and networks with other companies and or brands to keep abreast of best practices and trends in compensation
- Owns and operates our international expansion efforts by establishing a global framework and reassessing for competitiveness, as well as architecting comp targets for new countries
- Owns and operates our internal Pay Equity program to ensure employees receive equitable for similar work
- Conducts quantitative analyses to support Compensation Leadership in various initiatives.
- Participates in the research, development, and administration of assigned compensation programs; monitors program success.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5-7 years of in-house Compensation experience at a fast-paced environment
- Experience defining international compensation programs
- Familiarity with Compensation Survey participation and management
- Excellent analytical skills, including experience building analyses and models and triangulating across multiple sources of data
- Experience with Workday as an HRIS
- Strong ability to prioritize and work autonomously
Nice to haves:
- Experience working at a high-growth Tech company
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.