About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you'll do:
The GIS Engineering Co-op is responsible for creating and maintaining high definition Geo-spatial data in support of the self-driving technology. Moreover, candidate is also responsible for developing algorithms, processes, and tools in support of required tasks. The scope of this position includes communicating with other teams regarding map updates, performing updates, and helping to improve the efficiency of the process.
- Create and maintain high-definition Geo-spatial data
- Improve map creation and maintenance processes
- Use internal tools to analyze internally generated data for quality control
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in GIS, Geography or Geoscience
- Experience with Python
- Familiarity with Linux
- Comfortable with 3D geometry and coordinate transforms
- Experience with geospatial databases, ArcGIS, QGIS, and/or JOSM is a plus
- Desire to learn and willingness to help out with a variety of tasks
Torc Internships and Co-Ops provide a great way for you to hone your skills and see what life at Torc is all about. Our goal is to enable Interns and Co-Ops to become full-time Torc’rs.
Perks of being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Flexible work hours and generous paid vacation
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.