Alloy is an Identity Decisioning Platform, enabling innovative fintech companies and banks to manage KYC, AML, fraud, risk and other components of customer onboarding. Alloy’s single API enables its customers to access over 80 third party data sources in real-time to improve decision-making and streamline customer experiences. Alloy is the industry leader, working with companies like Brex and Marqeta, as well as top 20 banks. We're backed by venture capital firms that have taken countless companies to IPO like Lightspeed Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Canapi Ventures, Primary Venture Partners, Eniac Ventures, and others and well positioned to bring on incredibly talented individuals to help take us to the next level!What we’re looking for
We’re seeking Cloud Data Architect to join our engineering team to help us scale our rapidly growing product and enable our product teams to evolve their data storage strategies. As our product and company have grown, it has become clear that our data infrastructure needs to expand beyond the primary transactional core.
Our engineers are excited to incorporate different storage and replication strategies (columnar DBS, key-value stores, time-series databases) into our stack to reduce latency and take a load off of our primary Postgres data store. In this role, you'll have the unique opportunity to set the vision and execute a transition to a more flexible and dynamic data layer at a fast-growing startup.
You’ll be part of the data team and a member of the broader engineering group, working closely with backend and frontend engineers that value collaboration, flexible work arrangements, working reproducibly, testing, and software craftsmanship. Our team's culture values curiosity, learning, connecting data to Alloy's strategy, open-source tools, rigor, and a spirit of relentless resourcefulness.What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Director of Data, the Cloud Data Architect will:
- Take ownership of the data infrastructure roadmap, leading the architecture, design, and implementation of data infrastructure that enables application developers, data scientists, and business analysts.
- Own data lifecycle for production/application data at Alloy: collection, storage, processing.
- Implement solutions to tracking data quality, data consistency, and data lineage.
- Select data infrastructure to support online and batch processing.
- Lead all data modeling efforts and database design
- Design and implement horizontally scalable data infrastructure.
- Ensure healthy operation of RDS through standard DBA activities
- Safely provision high-quality data to lower environments.
- Stay current and serve as a subject matter expert on cloud-based data infrastructure solutions.
- Mentor team members
On a given day, this work might entail:
- designing a key-value data store to serve analytical data about bank account transactions (eg, counts, averages, etc)
- reviewing a complex database migration that alters a frequently-used index
- collaborating with data engineers to build a columnar data store to back product analytic queries
- working with our infrastructure team to load test our production Postgres store to forecast future capacity upgrades
- At least 7 years of experience with database technologies
- At least 5+ years of hands-on experience working on AWS
- Experience and expertise working with AWS-based relational and non-relational databases
- Solutions-oriented, hands-on, with a bias for action
- Ability to collaborate: advocate for your ideas and listen to others.
- Strong written and oral communications along with presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work policy; we are remote for most roles!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA employer contribution, FSA, and FSA dependent programs
- 401k with 100% match up to 4% with immediate vesting and eligibility
- $500 to set up your WFH space - a one time thing
- Monthly commuter contribution
- Monthly credits for groceries from Public Goods
- Monthly credits for Seamless
- Monthly wellness credits to ClassPass
- Annual Citi Bike membership
- Annual $1,000 learning & development stipend
- 4 free therapy sessions and 3 months of talk therapy
We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.