CB Data Science Associate/Sr. Associate - Credit Operations Analytics
Job Description CB Data Science Associate/Sr. Associate - Credit Operations Analytics
A high-visibility role with direct interaction and partnership with senior leaders in the commercial banking credit organization, driving the insights and analytics agenda focused on operational performance optimization. An opportunity to be involved with a growing data science community and to work with top-tier data science talent across business and technology organizations within the bank.
- Synthesize business needs and design and execute analytical use cases focused on optimizing performance in areas such as risk early warning, pipeline management, and effectiveness of end-to-end credit delivery.
- Develop and deliver actionable insights on trends, anomalies, and constraints using advanced analytical and statistical approaches with testable assumptions and forward-looking capabilities.
- Interface with business leaders and stakeholders to clearly explain results and hone analytics to address business concerns and/or evolve strategies.
- Work with data delivery and product teams to streamline the end-to-end insights and analytics delivery.
- Drive efforts to ensure all the quality, control, and consistency standards are met. Serve as a thought leader across various stakeholders to elevate analysis quality and depth.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science, with 3+ years experience in data science, machine learning, modeling or statistical analysis. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Proven expertise in quantitative techniques and data analysis is required.
- Hands-on expertise in Python/R and SQL required.
- Experience with analytical tools such as Alteryx and visualization tools such as Qlik Sense or Tableau.
- Understanding of optimization techniques and familiarity with machine learning methodologies.
- Passion to understand the business and design data-driven solutions that seek to address complex objectives.
- Excellent communication skills to articulate approach and results, and ability to challenge assumptions with data evidence.
About Us JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team Commercial Banking is focused on helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We provide credit and financing, treasury and payment services, international banking and real estate services to clients including corporations, municipalities, institutions, real estate investors and owners, and nonprofit organizations.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.