Business Intelligence Developer at iHerb (Remote)
The Business Intelligence Developer is a technical role that requires both knowledge of database and software development as well as business processes and requirements. This role is responsible for leading efforts to develop and deliver complex data solutions to accomplish technology and business goals. You will be providing enterprise-wide data warehouse expertise with emphasis on data design, access, usage, security and quality of information assets. You will be making data accessible and useful for the organization to enable quick data driven decision-making.
- Develop, maintain and support ETL processes using tools such as Amazon Glue, Tableau Prep, and Microsoft SSIS.
- Provide support and development of data pipelines using various cloud technologies.
- Design and develop the BI semantic layer and promote adoption and usage.
- Translate business requirements and problems into technical solutions.
- Outline and build visualizations and reporting solutions using Tableau that can help the organization make informed business decisions.
- Identifies, communicates, and resolves data quality and reconciliation issues.
- Code complex solutions to integrate, clean, transform and control data in operational and/or analytics data systems per the defined acceptance criteria.
- Create and maintain technical documentation in an evolving data environment.
- Self-learner, multi-tasking, able to work independently, initiative, highly organized, strong analytical skills and pays attention to details
- 3+ years experience as a BI Developer / BI Analyst / Data Engineer.
- 3+ years experience using SQL in a large-scale complex data warehouse.
- 2+ years experience developing, maintaining, and managing Tableau driven dashboards & analytics.
- Proven track record in defining, managing and delivering BI projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands on experience using SQL to develop a data warehouse including use of complex stored procedures, ability to mine and profile data, and conduct data analysis.
- Proven ability to use data visualization tools to create intuitive reporting.
- Strong understanding of best practices in data warehouse design, database management systems, and ETL frameworks.
- Excellent data analytics skills and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Experience working in cloud technologies (Bigquery, AWS, Snowflake).
- Ability to cross collaborate with business and technical teams.
- Strong data modeling and database architecture skills, leveraging SQL Server.
- Experience with integration tools.
- Experience with general purpose programming languages (Python, C++, Java).
- Multiple years of experience working with Tableau (Desktop / Prep), Data Analyst certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of Tableau server administration.
- Understanding of Google Analytics data
- Experience in E-commerce or other data driven industry.
- Experience with a PM tool such as JIRA/Confluence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science /Industrial Engineering / Economic / Statistics or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Staffing Agency Submission Notice
iHerb does not accept unsolicited 3rd party ("Agency") candidates. If you are an Agency, please send any requests to be considered as a supplier in our Vendor Management System to [email protected] Do not contact iHerb employees directly. If requested to work on a role, any Agency candidates would be presented through the internal recruiting organization.
iHerb is on a mission to make health and wellness accessible to all. We offer Earth’s best-curated selection of health and wellness products, at the best possible value, delivered with the most convenient experience.
We’re the world’s largest eCommerce platform dedicated to vitamins, minerals, and supplements, and other health and wellness products. For more than 25 years, we’ve been making it simple for people all over the world to purchase the highest quality products. From supplements to skincare to grocery items, we ship over 30,000 products, from over 1,200 brands direct to our customers in 185+ countries.
Our vision is to become the #1 destination for health and wellness across the world.
With a passion for wellness and a mind for innovative solutions, iHerb team members share a vision for a healthier world that drives them each day. Our 5 Shared Values unite our global team:
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly ·
Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well, and plan for their financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. For the comprehensive benefits list, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com. For our international team members, you may be eligible for benefits depending on the country where you are employed. The Talent Acquisition Partner/local HR representative will go over the benefits you are eligible for.
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.