NationsBenefits® is ranked by Inc. 5000 and Deloitte as one of the fastest-growing health-tech companies in North America. With growth comes the exciting opportunity to be part of an award-winning group of product, technology, and design teams driving our latest innovations and designing premier experiences for health plans across the country.
Help drive the latest technology, product and design innovations, in a dynamic environment built for leaders looking to help transform the healthcare industry. Join our team of innovators at NationsBenefits.com/Careers.
The Business Analyst will serve as a liaison for the business teams and the software development and technology support teams to review, analyze and evaluate business processes and user needs. This person will document user and system requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel business functions and strategies. The Business Analyst will participate fully and be engaged with all teams throughout the Agile process and with all teams across the enterprise. This person will work to resolve problems and ensure that products and services are delivered timely and as expected. This position may require limited travel.
- Elicit requirements from business stakeholders and organization processes; manage ambiguity
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; analysis, evaluating output requirements and formats
- Construct workflow charts, diagrams, and wireframe prototypes; understand system capabilities; writing specifications
- Impact operations and effect change without being confrontational through Stakeholder Relationship building
- Use Critical Thinking to solve problems at the root cause
- Improve systems by studying current processes and practices; identifying and designing modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedure requirements
- Monitor development progress by tracking Sprint activities; resolving problems; recommending actions to remove impediments
- Develop, maintain, and oversee the execution of UAT test plans to include business scenario and functional user acceptance test case plans.
- Lead and support Agile team/process activities
- Document reporting requirements and data elements, work queues and system functions.
- Work in conjunction with Development Quality Team to ensure that new services meet the quality control standards that meet or exceed Operational needs
- Work in support of enterprise goals as required, including providing system demonstrations
- Consistent service to the enterprise and delivery of a high-quality work product
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or 2-3 equivalent work experience
- Experience working in an environment using Agile Scrum methodology
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Documentation and Specification Skills
- Ability to work independently and with others through Teamwork
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills (i.e. ability to organize priorities of workload)
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Experience working with senior management decision makers
- Proven analytical background
- Business Process Improvement experience
- Big Picture Thinking
- Work well under pressure
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Technology, Project Management, or a Health Field and/or 3-5 years’ experience in Business Analyst, Agile Scrum Master, or Service Delivery role
- Strong Written and Oral Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Effective Listening skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with Advanced Excel Skills and Strong Presentation Skills
- Familiar with relational database concepts and client-server concepts.
- SQL and/or Microsoft Access experience a plus
- Experience implementing functionality and enhancements in custom or off the shelf CRM software (i.e. Salesforce, Oracle CRM, NetSuite CRM, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, HubSpot CRM) a plus
- Scheduling and hosting conference calls, web meetings, and in-person meetings
This position may require other duties not mentioned above. Individuals may be responsible for other administrative tasks or be required to assist in other roles/departments as needed.
Hours may vary for this role.
NationsBenefits is an Equal Opportunity Employer.