Business Analyst at Allscripts (Atlanta, GA)
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The position is responsible for creating the business and functional requirements necessary for technology solutions that meet customer needs, expected delivery dates, and quality standards. Provide support to clients via the telephone and/or Internet (e.g., instant message, email). Assess service issues and resolve technical problems through independent judgment and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Possesses functional knowledge of assigned application technology including version releases, industry standards and legal & regulatory requirements
- Works under the direction of the Manager to provide application solutions for assigned business areas
- Interacts with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts, internal and external as appropriate, in order to understand their problems and needs
- Follows all Standard Operating Procedures SOP's (i.e. Patient Safety and Compliance)
- Diagnoses and resolves client questions or problems over the telephone/Internet in the areas of system configuration/setup, product functionality and bugs/enhancements
- Interacts with business stakeholders, internal and external as appropriate, to understand new business requirements and enhancement requests
- Communicates effectively with all parties related to assigned process area
- Achieves established goals
- Translates business requirements into product-specific designs and configuration, detailed requirement specifications and use cases, provides accurate and timely information and appropriate notification as required
- Delivers functional specifications, design documents, business process workflow and related documentation for new development projects and/or enhancement and modification requests
- Participates in the software build and/or configuration process and testing process
- Designs and executes functional, integration, and regression test plans for new application functionality, product releases and enhancement and regulatory modifications using business scenarios and user cases, as appropriate
- Ensures programs meet business specifications
- Reviews vendor provided documentation and user manuals needed to support the product, as appropriate
- Escalates any disconnects between client expectations, the contract and Allscripts' interests
- Participates in user focus groups and requirements workshops, vendor training and demonstrations
- Improve solutions by studying current practices; designing modifications; writing specifications, as appropriate
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the department, as appropriate
- Knowledge transfer and documentations of issue resolution with other team members to improve overall team education level and productivity
- Take complete ownership for the assigned tasks, including escalations, and proactively inform the progress of the project / task to all stakeholders
- Works directly with business stakeholders on issues requiring overall product/solution knowledge and overall understanding of healthcare
- Works independently with business stakeholders, beginning to focus on critical level cases, if appropriate
- Demonstrate new functionality to business stakeholders seeking inputs on future direction
- Works directly with mentors/peers to gather and translate business requirements into product-specific designs and configuration, detailed requirement specifications and use cases, if appropriate
- Works with business stakeholders to support and improve product/solutions by studying current practices; designing modifications; writing specifications, as appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (Preferred)
- 2-4 years relevant work experience (Preferred)
- Typically 0-2 years healthcare industry experience (Preferred)
- Up to 20% travel may be required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with developers, product managers, and stakeholders
- Ability to Translate customer needs into systems design
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Experience working across multiple teams and a substantial set of stakeholders.
We strongly advocate that our associates receive all CDC recommended vaccinations in prevention of COVID-19.
Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this position.
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 postacute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire. Allscripts is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursing and hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
This is an official Allscripts Job posting. To avoid identity theft, please only consider applying to jobs posted on our official corporate site.
Thank you for reviewing this Allscripts opportunity! Does this look like a great match for your skill set? If so, scroll on down and tell us more about yourself!