Associate Threat Intelligence Response Analyst (Remote) at Recorded Future
With more than 800 employees, $200M ARR in 2021, 1,300+ clients, and rapid year-over-year growth, Recorded Future is the world’s largest intelligence company!
The Role: This entry level Associate Threat Intelligence Response Analyst position is filling a vital role within Recorded Future’s Managed Services Group by validating and escalating Intelligence and Security alerts for Recorded Future’s massive client base.
Recorded Future supports information security teams at some of the most ambitious organizations on the planet. Your days will be spent working closely with teammates on alert review as a Tier 1 Analyst. Other day to day activities include developing new standard operating procedures, tuning rules and alerts, and interacting with our Tier 2 Analyst Team.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about technology, cyber security, and threat intelligence and who is excited to support a world class threat intelligence business.
What you’ll do as an Associate Threat Intelligence Response Analyst:
- Perform Tier 1 alert review and triage on fired alerts for use cases including phishing and credential harvesting sites, fraudulent website detection, code and data leakage, tracking nation state and criminal threat actors, social media monitoring, etc.
- Create new Standard Operating Procedures to assist Tier1 and Tier2 analysts with repeatable daily work
- Partner with Tier 2 Analyst Team to support triage and analysis efforts prior to client incident escalations
- Cover Tier 1 Analyst Shift Hours consisting of:
- 9am - 6pm PST
- Sunday - Wednesday or Wednesday - Saturday
What you’ll bring to the Associate Threat Intelligence Response Analyst role:
- Some experience of threat intelligence, incident response, or security monitoring
- Basic understanding of open source intelligence and response techniques pertaining to phishing and credential harvesting attacks, domain and web infrastructure monitoring, social media monitoring, dark web monitoring, malware delivery techniques, threat actor and TTP Profiling
- Basic understanding of security and network fundamentals such as how DNS, Email, Website Infrastructure, Email, HTTP, etc. work
- Ability to think and learn fast, self starter, work well with others
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% when covid restrictions permit
Why should you join Recorded Future?
Recorded Future employees (or “Futurists”), represent over 35 nationalities and embody our core values of being passionate, practicing inclusion, and acting ethically. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Recognition: Check out our awards and announcements
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
If you need any accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to our recruiting team at [email protected]
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.