Associate Business Intelligence (BI) Strategist at MERGE (Remote)
Merge Storytelling and Technology
We MERGE storytelling and technology to promote health, wealth and happiness in the world. We help marketing and technology executives engage hearts and connect parts by offering full-service capabilities including strategy, creative communications, experience engineering, performance marketing, media, digital platform development and more.
Promote Health, Wealth & Happiness
We are committed to promoting health, wealth and happiness in the world by partnering with purpose-driven clients in purpose-driven industries such as healthcare, financial services and consumer products. Our health clients are literally on the front lines saving lives. Our wealth clients are changing the financial potential in people's lives. And our consumer clients make lives...a little bit happier every day.
Partner with Clients of Iconic Brands
MERGE has enduring client partnerships with American Express, T-Mobile, LG, Facebook, Adobe, Kate Spade NY, Coach, The North Face, Fidelity, Eaton Vance, BlueCross BlueShield, Abbott, Astellas, Seqirus, Supernus, Boston Scientific, Advocate Aurora Health, Indiana University Health and Marco’s Pizza to name a few.
Work with Poets and PHD’s
With 750+ employees across offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Montreal and New York City, MERGE uses a talent-to-task process that connects our poets and PHD’s which enables clients to think higher and feel deeper about their customers.
Emerge to the Top of Your Career
At MERGE, we strive to create a superior work experience where people with ability, agility and humility can grow and do the best work of their careers.
As our Associate Business Intelligence Strategist, you will...
Be Accountable and Responsible
You will be part of the BI Consulting team - focused on the implementation of compelling data visualization solutions that help our clients solve business challenges and improve their organizational data readiness. You will have the ability to work with stakeholders, Business Analysts, and other resources to refine requirements, create or modify supporting business processes, and build dashboard solutions.
Contributes to key elements of BI pipeline solutions:
- Requirements Definition Workshops
- Best Practices & Enablement Training
- Wireframing & Visualization
- Data Analysis, QA, and Validation
- Creates Project Assets & Documentation
These are the qualifications we’re looking for
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent industry experience) in a quantitative field of study
- Experience working with business users to gather requirements, write functional and technical specifications and communicating technical requirements
- 2-3 years of experience supporting business intelligence systems in an Analyst or Developer role
- Hands-on SQL skills required
- Strong knowledge and application of data literacy in a business setting
- Proven experience in effectively partnering with business teams to deliver their goals and outcomes
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to think outside the box, adapt quickly and learn while ‘on the go’
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort presenting to everyone from entry-level employees to senior vice presidents a must
- Experience in recognizing business problems and recommending/developing solutions for a variety of business data (Marketing, Finance, Operations, etc.)
Compensation: $60,000 - $70,000
Salary differential is based on seniority, merit, education, training and experience. MERGE’s career ladders reflect department growth from Associate through Partner levels, with details of roles and responsibilities associated with each level. New hires are assigned a job level within a particular position based on these criteria and salary is set within the job level based on these criteria. Growth from one level to the next occurs when employees master their role, and are promoted into the next level, generally during salary review cycles which are posted in the employee handbook.
And here’s how we live our values at MERGE
- Mastering our craft
- Delivering with a growth mindset
- Collaborating for shared success
MERGE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
MERGE welcomes and celebrates diversity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or people with abilities. We believe that the more diverse we are, the more creative our work will be!