Analyst, VAT - Europe (Remote) at Remote
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook) ****to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!How we work
We love working async (www.notion.so/80c01cd443ad4c77a8ceaef7c5fba5d0) and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.The position
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a VAT Analyst, joining our VAT Team (Finance team).
The VAT Team is responsible for Remote’s VAT matters worldwide.About the team
Finance is at the core of how Remote fuels its operations. The scale and breadth of finance operations at Remote overcome anything ever seen before at a company of this size and scale.
Joining the finance team you will be able to be part of a multi-skilled team completely driven by excellence. We see ourselves as a high performing team, because we do what we love, and we do it with amazing people for a company which aim to be the Best-in-class of everything an employee expects.Requirements
- Experience working in a Tax department, namely at preparing and filing tax returns (Big 4 experience focused in tax and reporting desirable);
- European VAT and Tax experience in multiple jurisdictions (experience of Eastern European jurisdictions highly desirable)
- SAP experience (not mandatory);
- Hold a bachelor’s or master degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance, Management or similar - to be a chartered accountant (ACA, ACCA, CTA, CPA or similar) will be highly valued;
- To be a team-player driven by excellence, good organization skills and attention to details:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced challenging environment;
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Prepare and submit all reports connected with Remote VAT obligations (VAT Returns, Recapitulative Statements, Statistical Reports, National Bank Reports, others)
- Work with tax advisors to prepare and submit reports connected to Remote VAT obligations.
- Ensure accuracy of ERP data: Perform controls in order to detect inaccuracies, liaise with accounts payable and accounts receivable team in order to review individual transactions and make necessary corrections if applicable.
- Compliance of invoices: Analyze invoices to ensure compliance with local tax law (minimum requirements) and proper tax treatment – request corrections if necessary.
- Support the team before public entities (e.g. Tax and Statistical authorities…);
- Follow up, maintenance, review and reconciliation of tax accounts;
- Preparation and filing of 8th directive VAT claims;
- Support the team with preparation and filing of tax registrations worldwide;
- Support on ad hoc research and projects from time to time, including expansion into new countries and VAT treatment of new operations;
- Monitoring changes in tax law in several jurisdictions.
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.Benefits
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page (at www.notion.so/people-Benefits-perks-1e48a5869c274f40910b76d405b92f63).Practicals
- You'll report to: VAT Manager
- Team: Finance
- Location: Europe
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with hiring manager
- Interview with team
- Interview with team leader
- Interview with VP of Finance
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer
Please fill out the form below.