At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
Our Editorial department is looking to hire an analyst to join our publishing and media sales team. In this role, you'll leverage your excellent writing, research and relationship management skills to develop white-labeled content for our partner clients. This work includes whitepapers, webinars, articles and other content designed to leverage PitchBook's best-in-class private market data to create insight pieces our partner clients rely on to drive their businesses. You'll develop meaningful insights into a fascinating industry and help support some of the most recognized firms in the investment industry.
The Publishing team is responsible for the editing, design and distribution of our proprietary research offerings, in addition to the production of our partner content. The team is also responsible for working closely with our advertising partners, managing the daily placement and implementation of ads across our various news channels and platforms.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis covering private equity, M&A and venture markets, in addition to specific industry trends where applicable
- Engage with partner clients to identify scope of research requested, intended audience and project timelines for requested content
- Write and edit white-label publications on behalf of partner clients as directed by sales inventory and publishing calendar
- Utilize proprietary PitchBook data, the internet, newspapers, academic white papers etc. to inform and develop analysis
- Work closely with data analysis team to identify unique datasets to support publications
- Manage and respond to inquiries from clients, internal colleagues and the general public regarding published content
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration or Economics preferred.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts such as valuation techniques (DCF, comps, etc.), LBOs, IRRs, portfolio management, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience in investment writing, content marketing, whitepaper development or similar writing role preferably tailored to a financial audience
- Strong interest in working directly with clients to develop white-label publications
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interface with executives and C-level employees at client firms
- Strong interest in private financial markets
- Critical thinker
- Detail-oriented/analytical mindset
- Experience in SQL and PitchBook Platform a plus
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.