VMWare/NetBackup System Administrator at ECS (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Employer Provided Salary: $70,000-$112,000 Annually
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:14 p.m. (CST) on Monday, April 10, 2023
ECS is seeking a Mid-Level VMWare/NetBackup System Administrator to work in our Washington, DC office.Job Description:ECS has an exciting opportunity with the US Mint for a System Administrator to provide O&M and modernization support for their IT Operations Support division Duties include:
- Establishing system development and integration methodologies and standards
- Developing enterprise system architectures both for program support and systems integrations for government and commercial agencies.
- Constructing and testing systems in the development environment
- Integrating and implementing systems and the supporting infrastructure in the operational environment
- Monitoring and analyzing performance problems and recommending solutions to enhance functionality, reliability, and usability
- Participating in project/program management reviews and document creation
- Meeting 24/7 on-call duties over weekends/holidays as necessary.
- Maintain situational awareness over the underlying VM Windows network infrastructure affecting US Mint application traffic.
- Lend skills and knowledge of IT systems to facilitate support for US Mint systems.
- Proactively establish, document, analyze, and iteratively evaluate/change the required network communications processes supporting US Mint applications and systems.
- Assist with AD deployment and maintainability as they affect US Mint personnel and hardware, including the migration to future platforms and upgrades.
- Accomplish administrative functions required to support the VMWare environment.
- Create, update, and maintain scripts utilized in gathering information from the active directory, modifying local systems behavior, and installing applications to assist customers in deploying applications.
- Generates detailed, comprehensive, and clearly understandable documentation associated with each of the automation systems as required.
- Maintain proficiency as new tools/capabilities are implemented.
- Provide updates to ECS leadership and US Mint leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant field.
- Must have the following Certifications or equivalent experience:
- VMWare Professional Data Center (VCP-DCV)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (Server 2016 &
- Hands-on experience installing, configuring, and
- managing a Nutanix Cluster Environment.
- Must have the following Experience:
- Three plus years of experience in managing servers in an
- Enterprise Virtualization/ Hypervisor environment utilizing
- VMWare, Hyper-V, ESXi, and Nutanix.
- Three plus years' experience with Operating Systems:
- Windows Server (2016 & 2019), including administration,
- management, and troubleshooting.
- Three plus years of demonstrated hands-on Datacenter enterprise experience and knowledge with Active Directory in areas such as Trusts, Group Policies, Replication, Global Catalog, and Distributed File System.
- Two plus years of experience in an Enterprise Data Center server infrastructure focusing on systems engineering and integration.
- Minimum of 4-8 years' experience required leading/supporting Enterprise level Windows Server with applying and remediating DISA Stigs.
- Hands-on experience in Hardening and Patching Nutanix, ESXi, and VCenter in an enterprise environment.
- Hands-on experience with Disaster Recovery Replication and CIFS Shares migration within a Nutanix and VMWare/ESXi environment.
- Technical hands-on working knowledge and experience with ADFS, DNS, WINS, and DHCP operations and maintainability.
- Knowledge of VBScript, PowerShell, or other types of scripting languages utilized in gathering information from active directory based and Nutanix/VMWare environments.
- Knowledge of Identity, Access Management, and Directory services
- Must be able to obtain a US Mint-provided Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience with cloud backup and features of new releases NetBackup Appliances, EMC Power Path, Time finder, Storage Life Cycle, NDMP for NAS backups, Exchange versions, OpsCenter.
- Experience with tape drive and disk zoning for various types of switches.
- Experience with infrastructure Management including Clustering, High-Availability, Files management, SAN Management (VERITAS Storage Foundation, SAN Point Control), and Hardware problems resolution.
- Experience with SAN point Control configuration, provisioning, and configuration of storage and tape libraries.
- Experience in defining and executing enterprise-wide and large-scale Backup policies, data replication, and Disaster Recovery with NetBackup and Extensions with a Solid understanding of Storage and Appliances - EMC, NetApp, Replication, Deduplication
- Two to Four years' experience with Linux (i.e. RedHat, Oracle, and CentOS) to include administration, management, and troubleshooting.
- 3 years supporting a large Windows environment and extensive server experience.
- 3 years supporting a large VMware environment and extensive virtualization experience.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Server.
- VMWare Professional Data Center (VCP-NV)
- VMWare Professional Data Center (VCP-CMA)
- VMWare Professional Data Center (VCP-DW)
- VCIX7-DTM, VCAP-DTM Design 2019, VCAP-DTM Deploy 2021, VCP6-DCV, VCP6-DTM, VCP7-DTM
- NetApp SAN; Symantec NetBackup; RedHat Linux experience
- Experience with ServiceNow or ServiceNow applications (Remedy, HEAT, HPSM, etc.)
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint, Project)
- SolarWinds, and EM7 experience (User or Integrator)
- Office 365(Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive for Business)
- Current Security CE certification/8570 compliant.
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- DevOps/Automation Experience: Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Kickstart
- Cloud Experience: Azure or AWS
- Database: Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL
More Information on ECS
ECS operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in Fairfax, VA, Fairfax, VA, Chantilly, VA, Arlington, VA, Arlington, VA, Arlington, VA, Washington, DC, Alexandria, VA, Stafford, VA, Stafford, VA, Dahlgren, VA, California, MD, North Charleston, SC, North Charleston, SC, Huntsville, AL, O'Fallon, IL, San Antonio, TX, Colorado Springs, CO and Sierra Vista, AZ. ECS was founded in 1993. It has 2129 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all 74 open jobs at ECS, click here.
Read Full Job Description