Matillion technology turns every business into a data business. Our low-code data integration platform helps modern teams ingest, enrich and synchronise their data across a variety of cloud platforms. Leading companies like Slack, Cisco, and DocuSign trust Matillion to help them transform operational data into useful information at enterprise scale.
We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors and recently closed a $150M Series E in September 2021 for a total amount of $250M raised in 2021. Our investors include current and former backers of other leading enterprise data companies like Databricks, Informatica and Mulesoft.
As Snowflake’s 2021 data integration partner of the year and a winner of Databricks’ 2021 ISV Innovation Award, our product strategy and engineering execution is continuously recognized as best in class by a rapidly growing ecosystem of technology partners.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
We are now looking for a Technical Software Support Engineer to join #TeamGreen based in the US. You will provide 1st response, world class service to our customers globally.
You will champion customer happiness and success through patience, understanding, and technical skills. You will deliver an outstanding level of customer obsession enabling the success of customer projects. You will work collaboratively across our business to scale this function in Matillion.
What you will be doing;
- Be the first point of contact for customers who are reaching out for product support with a diverse range of problems and use of the Matillion platform
- Monitor multiple channels, including email, web, and Slack
- Provide technical customer interaction, case resolution or redirection, and case life cycle management
Support Case Triage
- Establish customer identity, and maintain data quality in Salesforce
- Establish problem severity
- Ensure sufficient information has been supplied by the customer
- Categorise and triage cases (especially to determine if immediate attention is needed)
- Redirect cases to appropriate channels internally including documentation problems, onwards to the next level of support and feature requests
- Monitor for patterns and proactively spot opportunities for internal process improvement
- Understand the broad purpose and documented limits of Matillion's product range
- Rejecting inappropriate support cases (example: spam email, known problem, existing feature request)
- Gather and use information from multiple sources to make decisions or suggestions
- Use links to existing documentation as case resolution where possible
- Keep up to speed with known problems
- Replicate and verify new problems where possible
- Monitor SLAs
- Handle both internal and external case escalations
- Close cases which have reached the criteria for resolution
- Write knowledge article on case resolution
- As part of a global support team, there may be some level of case management outside of standard office hours
Product and Engineering Support
- Provide feedback to product and engineering based on your visibility into how customers are using and interacting with Matillion
What we are looking for - Essential Skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Well-versed and comfortable being in an external-customer-facing role, demonstrating email, phone, and social media etiquette
- Experience in a customer service or enterprise software support role
- Experience working in a technical environment
- Experience in working with ETL a plus
- Experience troubleshooting API’s a plus
Personal Capabilities Required
- A passion for customer service, and a great love for helping people
- Inquisitive by nature
- Keen to learn
- Able to independently investigate and understand problems
- Some flexibility in working hours will be useful
- Attention to detail, especially with regard to documentation, audit and data quality
- Ability to share knowledge and collaborate with team members
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 15 days PTO that increases to 25 after 12 months of service
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Career development with monthly "hackdays" and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email [email protected]
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More Information on Matillion
Matillion operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Denver, CO. Matillion was founded in 2011. It has 573 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Partners with nonprofits, Open door policy, OKR operational model, Team based strategic planning and Pair programming. To see all 2 open jobs at Matillion, click here.
Read Full Job Description