Technical Director, 3PR Operations at BlueVoyant (Baltimore, MD)
Technical Director, 3PR Operations
BlueVoyant is looking for a Technical Director / Security Architect to help our global customers manage their IT security and cyber risk. You will be part of a fast-paced team that helps customers to reduce the impact of security risks and security-related supply-chain risks.
- Provide the Risk Operations Center with realistic scenarios and simulations for the purpose of advanced training, understanding, and practice, in the following areas:
- Red vs blue scenarios
- Tools / capabilities exploration
- Operations automation
- Operations efficiency/edge-case handling
- Provide technical insight on the specific tooling needs and develop technical and operational requirements on behalf of the Risk Operations Center (ROC)
- Contribute to technical strategy and technical thought leadership
- Delivery of functional value resulting from the research in the form of queries, signatures, rules, and contextual information (knowledge base articles)
- Serve as a technical liaison on behalf of the ROC for matters involving other BlueVoyant teams
- Provide (and coordinate) the ROC with deep technical and low-level training
- Serve as a Technical ROC SME in support to customers (customer facing) and support to sales and marketing
- Provide technical leadership to the ROC, as well as to BlueVoyant leadership
- Lead technically challenging projects with complex technology stacks across multiple modalities
- Supplemental in-depth research of vulnerabilities and technology exposure risks which have a high likelihood of occurring within BlueVoyant customer environments
- Serve as an active participant within the security community for the purpose of capturing bleeding edge research around exploits, vulnerabilities, and operations
- Provide technical feedback on the needs of the ROC and technical thought leadership
- Hunt for suspicious activity based on anomalous activity and indicators of compromise from various intelligence feeds and toolsets.
- Participate in the response, investigation, and resolution of security incidents.
- Create knowledge base articles for handling medium and high severity incidents.
- Assist in the advancement of security policies, procedures, and automation.
- Develop incident response reporting and policy updates as needed.
- Serve as the technical escalation point and mentor for lower-level analysts and ROC team members
- Regularly communicate with customer IT teams to inform them of issues, help them remediate, and ensure that they continue to operate business as usual
- Perform triage of incoming issues (assess the priority, determine risk).
- Maintain a strong awareness of the current threat landscape.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Knowledge of and experience with intrusion detection/prevention systems and SIEM software
- Strong experience with scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, others)
- Familiarity with common query languages (SQL, KQL, SPL, Cypher, others)
- Strong experience with digital forensic analysis (host, network, other) and blue team operations
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of network protocols and devices
- Advanced experience with multiple server Operating Systems
- Ability to analyze event logs and recognize signs of cyber intrusions/attacks
- Ability to handle high pressure situations in a productive and professional manner
- Ability to work directly with customers to understand requirements for and feedback on security services
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex technical topics in clear and easy-to-understand language
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with a globally distributed team
- Skilled in the creation of signatures for security tools
- Familiarity with tools such as Wireshark, TCP Dump, Security Onion, and Splunk
- Strong knowledge of the following:
- Packet Analysis
- SSL Decryption
- C2/Beaconing Detection
- Network Intrusion Detection Systems
- Network Monitoring Tools
- Case Management System
- Knowledge Base
- Web Security Gateway
- Email Security
- Data Loss Prevention
- Network Access Control
- Vulnerability Identification
- Experience in network/host vulnerability analysis, intrusion analysis, digital forensics, penetration testing, or related areas
- 10+ years of experience in information technology or information security, 4 of which were spent dealing directly with Security Operations or in a Risk Operations Center (ROC) or Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Experience with developing and maintaining analytics within a large-scale platform, like BigQuery, Splunk, Sentinel, etc.
- Experience with developing, testing, and tuning machine learning/deep learning models
- Experience with vulnerability management/reporting
- Hands-on experience with ServiceNow
- Familiarity with tools such as Snort, Bro, NMAP, and Nessus
- Familiarity with at least 2 of the following cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GPC)
- Familiarity with GPO, Landesk, or other IT Infrastructure tools
- Understanding and/or experience with one or more of the following programming languages: .NET, PHP, Perl, Python, Java, Ruby, C, C++.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or other IT-related or math-related field. Master’s degree in cyber security, computer science, information assurance, or similar technical degree preferred. Exceptional candidates with proven experience in security/network operations will also be considered.
At BlueVoyant, we recognize that effective cyber security requires active prevention and defense across both your organization and supply chain. Our proprietary data, analytics and technology, coupled with deep expertise, works as a force multiplier to secure your full ecosystem. Accuracy! Actionability! Timeliness! Scalability!
Led by CEO, Jim Rosenthal, BlueVoyant’s highly skilled team includes former government cyber officials with extensive frontline experience in responding to advanced cyber threats on behalf of the National Security Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Unit 8200 and GCHQ, together with private sector experts. BlueVoyant services utilize large real-time datasets with industry leading analytics and technologies.
Founded in 2017 by Fortune 500 executives, including Executive Chairman, Tom Glocer, and former Government cyber officials, BlueVoyant is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Maryland, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, London, Budapest and Latin America.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States. BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.